* latex short caption broken?
@ 2011-06-30 20:15 Chris Malone
From: Chris Malone @ 2011-06-30 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Tom Dye came up with a great patch to pass an optional title to
LaTeX's =\caption= command: see here
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-05/msg00311.html

That thread says the patch has been applied, and as far as I can tell
it appears to be in the code.  I'm using version =org-version= 7.3.
This is a minimal non-working example:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#+TITLE:     mnwe.org
#+AUTHOR:    Chris Malone
#+EMAIL:     xxxxx
#+DATE:      2011-06-30 Thu
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0 path:http://orgm
ode.org/org-info.js
#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+LINK_UP:
#+LINK_HOME:
#+XSLT:

#+BEGIN_LATEX
\listoffigures
#+END_LATEX

* A minimal (non-working) example
Let's include a figure!

#+CAPTION: [Caption to list]{Caption to figure.}
#+ATTR_LATEX: width=\textwidth
[[file:f1.pdf]]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this produces the following .tex file:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
% Created 2011-06-30 Thu 16:08
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fixltx2e}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{soul}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{marvosym}
\usepackage{wasysym}
\usepackage{latexsym}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\tolerance=1000
\usepackage{color}
\usepackage{listings}
\providecommand{\alert}[1]{\textbf{#1}}

\title{mnwe.org}
\author{Chris Malone}
\date{2011-06-30 Thu}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}
\tableofcontents
\vspace*{1cm}

\listoffigures

\section{A minimal (non-working) example}
\label{sec-1}

Let's include a figure!

\begin{figure}[htb]
\centering
\includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{f1.pdf}
\caption{Caption to figure.}
\end{figure}

\end{document}
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, the optional ([...]) argument to the caption command
is completely ignored upon export.  Am I doing something wrong, or is
something else breaking this?

Chris

* Re: latex short caption broken?
@ 2011-06-30 23:51 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-06-30 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Malone; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Chris Malone <chris.m.malone@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Tom Dye came up with a great patch to pass an optional title to
> LaTeX's =\caption= command: see here
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-05/msg00311.html
>
> That thread says the patch has been applied, and as far as I can tell
> it appears to be in the code.  I'm using version =org-version= 7.3.

I think the patch was applied after the 7.5 release.

--
Suvayu

* Re: latex short caption broken?
@ 2011-07-01  8:28   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-01  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suvayu ali; +Cc: Chris Malone, emacs-orgmode

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

>> That thread says the patch has been applied, and as far as I can tell
>> it appears to be in the code.  I'm using version =org-version= 7.3.
>
> I think the patch was applied after the 7.5 release.

I confirm -- Chris, please upgrade, or wait one week if you want to
upgrade to 7.6.

--
 Bastien

* Re: latex short caption broken?
@ 2011-07-01 14:49     ` Chris Malone
From: Chris Malone @ 2011-07-01 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien and Suvayu,

Hmm...somehow my cron job on my machine to checkout org-mode from git
stopped working some time ago.  I hadn't paid attention to the various
releases, because I thought I was up-to-date!  Thanks for figuring
this out.

Chris