* [new exporter] blank html page with org-info.js
@ 2013-03-08  8:14 henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2013-03-08  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I will not say anything against the migration to the new exporter
because this represents the bright, carefree future we all want to reach
but can somebody point me to the right direction this time:

#+INFOJS_OPT: view:info toc:t path:.org-info.js

Apparently ox-jsinfo.el does not longer exist or is needed so the above
line exports correctly to

<script type="text/javascript" src=".org-info.js">

I get a .html file but I cannot open it in a browser: It stays blank.
Nevertheless I can view it in a textbrowser so it must have something to
do with the javascript part.

henry atts, web: http://literaturlatenight.de

* Re: [new exporter] blank html page with org-info.js
@ 2013-03-08 11:09 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-08 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry atting; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Henry,

henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:

> I will not say anything against the migration to the new exporter
> because this represents the bright, carefree future we all want to reach
> but can somebody point me to the right direction this time:
>
> #+INFOJS_OPT: view:info toc:t path:.org-info.js
>
> Apparently ox-jsinfo.el does not longer exist or is needed so the above
> line exports correctly to
>
> <script type="text/javascript" src=".org-info.js">

With latest Org from master ("8.0-pre"), publication produces

  <script type="text/javascript" src=".org-info.js">

correctly here.

*But* you need .org-info.js to be in the same directory than
the html file.  Is it the case?

In general, it safer to not change the path of org-info.js,
the one in http://orgmode.org/org-info.js is the one you want
to use.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: [new exporter] blank html page with org-info.js
@ 2013-03-08 11:24   ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2013-03-08 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Henry,

Hi Bastien,

> henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:
>
>> I will not say anything against the migration to the new exporter
>> because this represents the bright, carefree future we all want to reach
>> but can somebody point me to the right direction this time:
>>
>> #+INFOJS_OPT: view:info toc:t path:.org-info.js
>>
>> Apparently ox-jsinfo.el does not longer exist or is needed so the above
>> line exports correctly to
>>
>> <script type="text/javascript" src=".org-info.js">
>
> With latest Org from master ("8.0-pre"), publication produces
>
>   <script type="text/javascript" src=".org-info.js">
>
> correctly here.

Same here.

> *But* you need .org-info.js to be in the same directory than
> the html file.  Is it the case?

Yes, it is.
> In general, it safer to not change the path of org-info.js,
> the one in http://orgmode.org/org-info.js is the one you want
> to use.

Okay, I changed it to the above line and created a test file:

#+INFOJS_OPT: view:info toc:t path:http://orgmode.org/org-info.js

* 1st headline
text

* 2nd headline
more text

Everything looks good, the appropriate line in the .html file appears:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://orgmode.org/org-info.js">

But the file is not displayed, as mentioned before only in text
browsers. Older .html files, created before the last pull still work
properly.
If I remove the INFOJS_OPT line from the .org file I get a working .html
file, only without js.

@ 2013-03-08 11:43     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-08 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry atting; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Henry,

henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:

> But the file is not displayed, as mentioned before only in text
> browsers. Older .html files, created before the last pull still work
> properly.

When was the last pull exactly?  I fixed some issues recently in
this area, the first versions of ox-html.el were not compatible
with org-info.js.

So what is M-x org-version RET exactly?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: [new exporter] blank html page with org-info.js
@ 2013-03-08 11:55       ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2013-03-08 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, henry atting

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Henry,
>
> henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:
>
>> But the file is not displayed, as mentioned before only in text
>> browsers. Older .html files, created before the last pull still work
>> properly.
>
> When was the last pull exactly?  I fixed some issues recently in
> this area, the first versions of ox-html.el were not compatible
> with org-info.js.
>
> So what is M-x org-version RET exactly?

Org-mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-5-ga646a2)

--

@ 2013-03-08 15:53         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-08 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry atting; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Henry,

henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:

>> When was the last pull exactly?  I fixed some issues recently in
>> this area, the first versions of ox-html.el were not compatible
>> with org-info.js.
>>
>> So what is M-x org-version RET exactly?
>
> Org-mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-5-ga646a2)

This is now fixed, thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: [new exporter] blank html page with org-info.js
@ 2013-03-08 16:15           ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2013-03-08 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, henry atting

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Henry,
>
> henry atting <snd@online.de> writes:
>
>>> When was the last pull exactly?  I fixed some issues recently in
>>> this area, the first versions of ox-html.el were not compatible
>>> with org-info.js.
>>>
>>> So what is M-x org-version RET exactly?
>>
>> Org-mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-5-ga646a2)
>
> This is now fixed, thanks!

Great! For me personally the switch to the new exporter is kind of hard
but on the other hand it is not to difficult to imagine that it might be a
lot harder for you; so... many thanks.

--
henry atts, web: http://literaturlatenight.de