* Link colours in new Worg style
@ 2013-03-08 14:05 Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-03-08 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org mode

Hi Bastien and others,

The new Worg style is amazing; the text is very clear and much more
readable now.  However I have a major complaint about the links.  It
seems the new style overrides my browser's colour setting for unvisited
and visited links.  I think this is extremely confusing.  As per my
setting, I have blue for unvisited links and purple for visited links.
The new style overrides this to red for unvisited and blue for visited.
Obviously you can see how this leads to a confusion.  I would really
appreciate it if this was left to the user and not determined by the
webpage.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu

* Re: Link colours in new Worg style
@ 2013-03-08 17:24 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-08 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suvayu Ali; +Cc: Emacs Org mode

Hi Suvayu,

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> The new Worg style is amazing; the text is very clear and much more
> readable now.  However I have a major complaint about the links.  It
> seems the new style overrides my browser's colour setting for unvisited
> and visited links.  I think this is extremely confusing.  As per my
> setting, I have blue for unvisited links and purple for visited links.
> The new style overrides this to red for unvisited and blue for visited.
> Obviously you can see how this leads to a confusion.  I would really
> appreciate it if this was left to the user and not determined by the
> webpage.

The previous stylesheet already used non-default colors for
non-visited and visited links.  I just changed the colors.

Here is the setting you saw:

  a {text-decoration: none; color: #FF0000; font-weight: 400;}
  a:visited {text-decoration: none; color: #0066CC; font-weight: 400;}
  a:hover {text-decoration: underline; color: #FF0000}

But you're right this is confusing, as this is the exact opposite
of... most browsers default settings.  I swaped the color, let me
know if this looks better.

PS: The Unicorn-on-steroid logo will change, I'm waiting for my
friend to submit a new one.  Perhaps the colors will change a bit
too.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Link colours in new Worg style
@ 2013-03-08 18:05   ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-03-08 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Emacs Org mode

Hi Bastien,

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 06:24:12PM +0100, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Suvayu,
>
> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > The new Worg style is amazing; the text is very clear and much more
> > readable now.  However I have a major complaint about the links.  It
> > seems the new style overrides my browser's colour setting for unvisited
> > and visited links.  I think this is extremely confusing.  As per my
> > setting, I have blue for unvisited links and purple for visited links.
> > The new style overrides this to red for unvisited and blue for visited.
> > Obviously you can see how this leads to a confusion.  I would really
> > appreciate it if this was left to the user and not determined by the
> > webpage.
>
> The previous stylesheet already used non-default colors for
> non-visited and visited links.  I just changed the colors.
>
> Here is the setting you saw:
>
>   a {text-decoration: none; color: #FF0000; font-weight: 400;}
>   a:visited {text-decoration: none; color: #0066CC; font-weight: 400;}
>   a:hover {text-decoration: underline; color: #FF0000}
>
> But you're right this is confusing, as this is the exact opposite
> of... most browsers default settings.  I swaped the color, let me
> know if this looks better.

I don't know why I did not notice that before!  Maybe this time I was
browsing around, checking things whereas earlier I knew which entry I
was looking for.  In any case, it is less confusing after the switch.

Cheers,

--

@ 2013-03-09 10:06     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-09 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suvayu Ali; +Cc: Emacs Org mode

Thanks for confirming, I made the same change for http://orgmode.org.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Link colours in new Worg style
@ 2013-03-09 11:36       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-03-09 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien writes:
> Thanks for confirming, I made the same change for http://orgmode.org.

The server seems to be down atm (not just the web, also git)?

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Link colours in new Worg style
@ 2013-03-09 11:40         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-09 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Bastien writes:
>> Thanks for confirming, I made the same change for http://orgmode.org.
>
> The server seems to be down atm (not just the web, also git)?

Yes.  The machine is inaccessible, no http, ssh, git or whatever.

I asked Jason privately about this, crossing fingers.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Link colours in new Worg style
@ 2013-03-09 13:05           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-09 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:
>
>> Bastien writes:
>>> Thanks for confirming, I made the same change for http://orgmode.org.
>>
>> The server seems to be down atm (not just the web, also git)?
>
> Yes.  The machine is inaccessible, no http, ssh, git or whatever.

It is now back.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Link colours in new Worg style
@ 2013-03-09 14:17       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-03-09 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Emacs Org mode

On 9.3.2013, at 11:06, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Hi Suvayu,
>
> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I don't know why I did not notice that before!  Maybe this time I was
>> browsing around, checking things whereas earlier I knew which entry I
>> was looking for.  In any case, it is less confusing after the
>> switch.
>
> Thanks for confirming, I made the same change for http://orgmode.org.

What happened to the color of the Unicorn?  I don't think these should be changed.

- Carsten

* Re: Link colours in new Worg style
@ 2013-03-09 14:25         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-09 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Emacs Org mode

> What happened to the color of the Unicorn?  I don't think these
> should be changed.

This was part of an "experiment" -- I reverted back to the old
Unicorn.

--
 Bastien