* Org-Capture template overwriting headlines!?
@ 2013-10-01  2:26 Juan Alberto Sanchez
From: Juan Alberto Sanchez @ 2013-10-01  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello everyone,

I recently wrote a few org-capture template for myself and I just notice a
strange issue with the captures. when I record a capturer if there was
already something of the same level where the file+headline is inserting it
overwrites the previews entry of the same level. For example, I take a
capture by hitting C-c r t that captures is inserted as a ** TODO under a *
Tasks if I take another capture the next ** TODO will overwrite already
existing **TODO with the text on the new capturer   rather then inserting
it below the exiting ** TODO headline. any idea what is going on? Below is
a pestbin of my org config

http://pastebin.com/vufwmU2m

Thank you for the help before hand

--
**

* Re: Org-Capture template overwriting headlines!?
@ 2013-11-06  8:24 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-06  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Alberto Sanchez; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Juan,

Juan Alberto Sanchez <gozes17@gmail.com> writes:

> I recently wrote a few org-capture template for myself and I just
> notice a strange issue with the captures. when I record a capturer if
> there was already something of the same level where the file+headline
> is inserting it overwrites the previews entry of the same level. For
> example, I take a capture by hitting C-c r t that captures is
> inserted as a ** TODO under a * Tasks if I take another capture the
> next ** TODO will overwrite already existing **TODO with the text on
> the new capturer   rather then inserting it below the exiting ** TODO
> headline. any idea what is going on? Below is a pestbin of my org
> config

This looks bad, and I can't reproduce this.

What version of Emacs/Org are you using?  Can you provide a minimal
example, together with your setup?

 Bastien