* Odd interaction with Python sessions and Org 8.2.5
@ 2014-03-06  3:02 R. Michael Weylandt
From: R. Michael Weylandt @ 2014-03-06  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting clean output from org 8.2.5 when I combine
session based evaluation and capturing results from standard out. (See
first example below)

This is on Emacs 24.3 with the default python mode settings and
nothing relevant in my init.el except for activating python support.

Is this expected behavior or is there someway I can fix the first example?

Michael

<---------8---------------------------8---------------->

#+TITLE: Hello World
* Standard Out + Session (Problem)

#+BEGIN_SRC python :results output :session *Python*
def test():
    print "Hello World"

test()
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
:
: ... >>> Hello World

* Standard Out + No Session (Fine)

#+BEGIN_SRC python :results output
def test():
    print "Hello World"

test()
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: Hello World

* Value + Session
#+BEGIN_SRC python :session *Python*
def test():
    print "Hello World"

test()
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:

* Value + No Session
#+BEGIN_SRC python
def test():
    print "Hello World"

test()
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: None

* Re: Odd interaction with Python sessions and Org 8.2.5
@ 2014-03-06 22:06 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2014-03-06 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: R. Michael Weylandt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Michael,

I believe this is a limitation of the current Python session support.
The relevant code is in lisp/ob-python.el and any fix would probably end
up modifying the `org-babel-python-evaluate-session' function.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte