* LaTeX export TOC decorations : how to
@ 2014-03-08 13:00 FAb
From: FAb @ 2014-03-08 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi,
When I org-export in pdf the items in TOC have red box around them like
"decoration" for link in css.
How can I get ride of them ?
Or how to customize this stuff ?

Thanks

* Re: LaTeX export TOC decorations : how to
@ 2014-03-08 14:19 ` Tim Burt
From: Tim Burt @ 2014-03-08 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: FAb; +Cc: org mode

FAb <0xfab@free.fr> writes:

> Hi,
> When I org-export in pdf the items in TOC have red box around them like
> "decoration" for link in css.
> How can I get ride of them ?
> Or how to customize this stuff ?

The boxes come from the default setup of hyperref in LaTeX and the
behavior can be customized via ~\hypersetup{}~.  Here is an example on a
file basis that changes the link identification from a box to a text
color (~colorlinks=true~) and then specifies the particular color
(~linkcolor=blue~):
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \hypersetup{colorlinks=true, linkcolor=blue}

Refer to the Extension Options of the hyperref manual[fn:1] for more
details and possibilities.

[fn:1] http://mirror.unl.edu/ctan/macros/latex/contrib/hyperref/doc/manual.pdf

--
Tim Burt
www.rketburt.org

* Re: LaTeX export TOC decorations : how to
@ 2014-03-08 15:24 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-03-08 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

FAb <0xfab@free.fr> writes:

> Hi,
> When I org-export in pdf the items in TOC have red box around them
> like "decoration" for link in css.
> How can I get ride of them ?
> Or how to customize this stuff ?

Assuming you are going to PDF through latex, this is done by hyperref, so
you'll need to familiarize yourself with hyperref options and then
customize org-latex-hyperref-template. The default value of that
variable is

"\\hypersetup{\n pdfkeywords={%k},\n  pdfsubject={%d},\n  pdfcreator={%c}}\n"

You need to modify it to something like this:

"\\hypersetup{\n  linkbordercolor={0 0 1}\n  pdfkeywords={%k},\n  pdfsubject={%d},\n  pdfcreator={%c}}\n"

If you want to use color names rather than RGB values, you can
add

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{xcolor}

to your org file (or do a more permanent modification if so desired).
You can then use

"\\hypersetup{\n  linkbordercolor=blue\n  pdfkeywords={%k},\n  pdfsubject={%d},\n  pdfcreator={%c}}\n"

as the value of org-latex-hyperref-template.

The hyperref manual can be found at

    https://www.tug.org/applications/hyperref/ftp/doc/manual.html

--
Nick

* Re: LaTeX export TOC decorations : how to
@ 2014-03-09 10:58   ` FAb
From: FAb @ 2014-03-09 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

On 03/08/2014 04:24 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> FAb <0xfab@free.fr> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> When I org-export in pdf the items in TOC have red box around them
>> like "decoration" for link in css.
>> How can I get ride of them ?
>> Or how to customize this stuff ?
>>
> Assuming you are going to PDF through latex, this is done by hyperref, so
> you'll need to familiarize yourself with hyperref options and then
> customize org-latex-hyperref-template. The default value of that
> variable is
>
> "\\hypersetup{\n pdfkeywords={%k},\n  pdfsubject={%d},\n  pdfcreator={%c}}\n"
>
> You need to modify it to something like this:
>
> "\\hypersetup{\n  linkbordercolor={0 0 1}\n  pdfkeywords={%k},\n  pdfsubject={%d},\n  pdfcreator={%c}}\n"
>
> If you want to use color names rather than RGB values, you can
> add
>
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{xcolor}
>
> to your org file (or do a more permanent modification if so desired).
> You can then use
>
> "\\hypersetup{\n  linkbordercolor=blue\n  pdfkeywords={%k},\n  pdfsubject={%d},\n  pdfcreator={%c}}\n"
>
> as the value of org-latex-hyperref-template.
>
> The hyperref manual can be found at
>
>      https://www.tug.org/applications/hyperref/ftp/doc/manual.html

Ok thanks,
When I use that "\hypersetup" in #+LATEX_HEADER the job is perfectly done.

But I don't find the "org-latex-hyperref-template" and if I delcare it
in my .emacs, nothing changes.
Are you sure about this name ?
Now as I know the keyword "hyperref" I find a lot of documentation on
the web, but clue for that variable.

Closest variables :
org-export-latex-hyperref-format
org-export-latex-hyperref-options-format
org-latex-with-hyperref

I imagine that I could hack latex template to have the good
'#+LaTeX_HEADER' but if there is a nice way to do it, I'd rather learn it.

Regards,

FAb
PS : thank you Tim

* Re: LaTeX export TOC decorations : how to
@ 2014-03-09 11:51     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-03-09 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

FAb <0xfab@free.fr> writes:

> On 03/08/2014 04:24 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> When I use that "\hypersetup" in #+LATEX_HEADER the job is perfectly done.
>
> But I don't find the "org-latex-hyperref-template" and if I delcare it
> in my .emacs, nothing changes.
> Are you sure about this name ?

That's the name in org 8.0 or later. If you are using a 7.x version of
org, many names are indeed different. My advice would be to upgrade to a
more recent org: these name changes are a continuing source of problems,
so the sooner everybody upgrades, the sooner we can put these problems
behind us.

> Closest variables :
> org-export-latex-hyperref-format
> org-export-latex-hyperref-options-format
> org-latex-with-hyperref

The variable corresponding to org-latex-hyperref-template was
org-export-latex-hyperref-options-format. Its default value
(in org 7.9.4) was

  "\\hypersetup{\n  pdfkeywords={%s},\n  pdfsubject={%s},\n  pdfcreator={Emacs Org-mode version %s}}\n"

--
Nick

* Re: LaTeX export TOC decorations : how to
@ 2014-03-09 20:05       ` FAb
From: FAb @ 2014-03-09 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

On 03/09/2014 12:51 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> FAb <0xfab@free.fr> writes:
>
>> On 03/08/2014 04:24 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>> When I use that "\hypersetup" in #+LATEX_HEADER the job is perfectly done.
>>
>> But I don't find the "org-latex-hyperref-template" and if I delcare it
>> in my .emacs, nothing changes.
>> Are you sure about this name ?
> That's the name in org 8.0 or later. If you are using a 7.x version of
> org, many names are indeed different. My advice would be to upgrade to a
> more recent org: these name changes are a continuing source of problems,
> so the sooner everybody upgrades, the sooner we can put these problems
> behind us.
Uh... I'm already in 8.2.5h-elpa...
An update later : 8.2.5h-30-gdd810b-elpa (M-x org-version)
but no trace for "org-latex-hyperref-template"... Neither C-h v
nor "grep -R"

I need to investigate further.

>> Closest variables :
>> org-export-latex-hyperref-format
>> org-export-latex-hyperref-options-format
>> org-latex-with-hyperref
Still there.

FAb

* Re: LaTeX export TOC decorations : how to
@ 2014-03-09 20:29         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-03-09 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

FAb <0xfab@free.fr> writes:

> On 03/09/2014 12:51 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>> FAb <0xfab@free.fr> writes:
>>
>>> On 03/08/2014 04:24 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>>> When I use that "\hypersetup" in #+LATEX_HEADER the job is perfectly done.
>>>
>>> But I don't find the "org-latex-hyperref-template" and if I delcare it
>>> in my .emacs, nothing changes.
>>> Are you sure about this name ?
>> That's the name in org 8.0 or later. If you are using a 7.x version of
>> org, many names are indeed different. My advice would be to upgrade to a
>> more recent org: these name changes are a continuing source of problems,
>> so the sooner everybody upgrades, the sooner we can put these problems
>> behind us.
> Uh... I'm already in 8.2.5h-elpa...
> An update later : 8.2.5h-30-gdd810b-elpa (M-x org-version)
> but no trace for "org-latex-hyperref-template"... Neither C-h v
> nor "grep -R"
>
> I need to investigate further.

You are probably picking up bits and pieces of the org-mode that came
bundled with your emacs. Look up "mixed installation" in the ML
archives. Note also that the new latex exporter is in a file called
ox-latex.el. If you are doing something like

    (require 'org-latex)
or
    (load-library "org-latex")

you are loading the old exporter.

>>> Closest variables :
>>> org-export-latex-hyperref-format
>>> org-export-latex-hyperref-options-format
>>> org-latex-with-hyperref
> Still there.

These are all old exporter names. The new names use
a "org-<BACKEND>" prefix (e.g org-latex-xxx, org-html-xxx etc)

--
Nick