* file link completion and html export...
@ 2015-07-09 20:38 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2015-07-09 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

OK, hi again,

I realize I've been asking lots of question and generating a certain amount
of noise. Many thanks for help you've all given in last little bit.  I've
finally moved over entirely reveal.js and org-reveal (it's so great!) and
want to be sure that my presentations all work (a) locally, on my laptop,
and (b) accessible online, for my students to examine afterwards.

Most of my images are just stolen from the web, but occasionally I modify
or generatethem myself. In this case they live in a local directory.  I can
easily sync these with org-publish-attachment, but only if I enter the
links properly with C-c C-l.

The worg tutorial suggests:

Same is true for images. To add an image, put it in =~/org/img/test.jpg= and
  refer to it by
  : [[file:img/test.jpg]]
When entered this way, file links are ocnverted to html relative links.

I've tried this, but it seems as though emacs's file completion doesn't
recognize this link style, and I don't get completion. Since I almost never know

the name of the file I'm attaching, I get frustrated and enter a

file:///home/matt/...

link, which doesn't get altered on export.  Is there a better solution?

Thanks as always!

* Re: file link completion and html export...
@ 2015-07-09 22:01 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-07-09 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> OK, hi again,
>
> I realize I've been asking lots of question and generating a certain amount
> of noise. Many thanks for help you've all given in last little bit.  I've
> finally moved over entirely reveal.js and org-reveal (it's so great!) and
> want to be sure that my presentations all work (a) locally, on my laptop,
> and (b) accessible online, for my students to examine afterwards.
>
> Most of my images are just stolen from the web, but occasionally I modify
> or generatethem myself. In this case they live in a local directory.  I can
> easily sync these with org-publish-attachment, but only if I enter the
> links properly with C-c C-l.
>
> The worg tutorial suggests:
>
> Same is true for images. To add an image, put it in =~/org/img/test.jpg= and
>   refer to it by
>   : [[file:img/test.jpg]]
> When entered this way, file links are ocnverted to html relative links.
>
> I've tried this, but it seems as though emacs's file completion doesn't
> recognize this link style, and I don't get completion. Since I almost never know
>
> the name of the file I'm attaching, I get frustrated and enter a
>
> file:///home/matt/...
>
> link, which doesn't get altered on export.  Is there a better solution?

Are you not using C-c C-l?  Do you enable ido for org?  I get completion
(sans ido) with emacs -q.

Rasmus

--
Not everything that goes around comes back around, you know