* Changed indentation of property blocks?
@ 2016-11-25 17:04 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2016-11-25 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I upgraded my Org-mode maint branch from approx. July to current.

GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)

Now I noticed a different behavior when adding a new heading via Alt-RET (or
org-insert-heading-respect-content):

** Heading with properties (old style)
:PROPERTIES:
:CREATED:  [2016-11-25 Fri 17:52]
:END:

** Heading with properties (current style)
   :PROPERTIES:
   :CREATED:  [2016-11-25 Fri 17:52]
   :END:

Is this on purpose? I find it quite unfortunate that the drawers are indented
according to the level of their heading. I'd prefer the old style: drawers not
indented - as the body below the heading.

If it matters, I am using org-hide-leading-stars.

Thanks for clarifying!

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github

* Re: Changed indentation of property blocks?
@ 2016-11-25 17:09 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-11-25 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: Karl Voit, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> I upgraded my Org-mode maint branch from approx. July to current.
>
> GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
>
> Now I noticed a different behavior when adding a new heading via Alt-RET (or
> org-insert-heading-respect-content):
>
> ** Heading with properties (old style)
> :PROPERTIES:
> :CREATED:  [2016-11-25 Fri 17:52]
> :END:
>
> ** Heading with properties (current style)
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :CREATED:  [2016-11-25 Fri 17:52]
>    :END:
>
> Is this on purpose? I find it quite unfortunate that the drawers are indented
> according to the level of their heading. I'd prefer the old style: drawers not
> indented - as the body below the heading.

See `org-adapt-indentation'.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Changed indentation of property blocks?
@ 2016-11-25 17:16   ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2016-11-25 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi again,

* Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> I upgraded my Org-mode maint branch from approx. July to current.
>>
>> Now I noticed a different behavior when adding a new heading via Alt-RET (or
>> org-insert-heading-respect-content):
>>
>> ** Heading with properties (old style)
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :CREATED:  [2016-11-25 Fri 17:52]
>> :END:
>>
>> ** Heading with properties (current style)
>>    :PROPERTIES:
>>    :CREATED:  [2016-11-25 Fri 17:52]
>>    :END:
>
> See `org-adapt-indentation'.

Exactly the setting I was looking for.

You are truly awesome!

--

@ 2016-11-28 10:46 ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2016-11-28 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: Karl Voit, emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Nov 25 2016, Karl Voit wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I upgraded my Org-mode maint branch from approx. July to current.
>
> GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
>
> Now I noticed a different behavior when adding a new heading via Alt-RET (or
> org-insert-heading-respect-content):
>
> ** Heading with properties (old style)
> :PROPERTIES:
> :CREATED:  [2016-11-25 Fri 17:52]
> :END:
>
> ** Heading with properties (current style)
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :CREATED:  [2016-11-25 Fri 17:52]
>    :END:
>
> Is this on purpose? I find it quite unfortunate that the drawers are indented
> according to the level of their heading. I'd prefer the old style: drawers not
> indented - as the body below the heading.
>
> If it matters, I am using org-hide-leading-stars.
>

> Thanks for clarifying!

You could disable indentation as a local variable, viz

# Local Variables:
# eval: (setq org-adapt-indentation nil)
# End: