* Old org.el ending up in current tar packages?
@ 2017-08-23 14:51 Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2017-08-23 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

It seems that org.el in org-20170821.tar is out of date.  Sharon Kimble
noticed that something was wrong, and after much digging, we found that
org-clock.el has been updated to have calls to
org-time-string-to-seconds with 2 arguments, but the function definition
in org.el only takes 1 argument.

This is very strange, because the addition of the extra arg to
org-time-string-to-seconds was made back on July 7, and that introduced
a bug which was fixed in org-clock.el on August 5, yet the tarball from
August 21 has the pre-July 7 org-time-string-to-seconds function.

See
https://github.com/Fuco1/org-clock-budget/issues/5#issuecomment-324331793
for more details.

* Re: Old org.el ending up in current tar packages?
@ 2017-08-23 17:33 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-08-23 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Adam Porter writes:
> It seems that org.el in org-20170821.tar is out of date.  Sharon Kimble
> noticed that something was wrong, and after much digging, we found that
> org-clock.el has been updated to have calls to
> org-time-string-to-seconds with 2 arguments, but the function definition
> in org.el only takes 1 argument.
>
> This is very strange, because the addition of the extra arg to
> org-time-string-to-seconds was made back on July 7, and that
> introduced

That change is only on master, so whatever trouble you are seeing in the
ELPA tarball is unrelated to that change.

> a bug which was fixed in org-clock.el on August 5, yet the tarball from
> August 21 has the pre-July 7 org-time-string-to-seconds function.

That fix was introduced on maint and merged to master, which seems to be
in error since the bug was in master only.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Old org.el ending up in current tar packages?
@ 2017-08-29  9:29 ` Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2017-08-29  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Porter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode