* LaTeX export bug (skipping outline levels)
@ 2009-09-30 14:04 Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2009-09-30 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I've noticed that when exporting to LaTeX Org-mode will skip levels that
are two deeper than their immediate parent level.  See the attached
example where the "*** third level" headline is not exported to LaTeX.

[-- Attachment #2: simple.org --]

#+TITLE: LaTeX issue

* top level

*** third level
There is content here which will not be exported to LaTeX

* another top level

** second level

*** nested third level
because of the second level above I will be exported to LaTeX

I'll also attach the resulting .tex file

[-- Attachment #4: simple.tex --]

% Created 2009-09-30 Wed 08:03
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{soul}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage{color}
\usepackage{listings}

\title{LaTeX issue}
\author{Eric Schulte}
\date{30 September 2009}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\section*{top level}
\label{sec-1}

\section*{another top level}
\label{sec-2}

\subsection*{second level}
\label{sec-2.1}

\subsubsection*{nested third level}
\label{sec-2.1.1}

because of the second level above I will be exported to \LaTeX{}

\end{document}

This is using the latest version of Org-mode.

Thanks -- Eric

* Re: LaTeX export bug (skipping outline levels)
@ 2009-10-02  6:44 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-10-02  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Eric,

yes, the LaTeX exporter is picky about correct outline structure.
I am not sure if this can be changed without breaking something.
Bastien, can you see this?

- Carsten

@ 2009-10-02 21:42   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-10-02 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Org Mode

> yes, the LaTeX exporter is picky about correct outline structure.
> I am not sure if this can be changed without breaking something.
> Bastien, can you see this?

Now I can see (my @gnu.org email was down for two days.)
But I don't see any straightforward way to fix it, sorry.

--
 Bastien