* See total effort in my agenda
@ 2010-08-15 22:33 Flavio Souza
From: Flavio Souza @ 2010-08-15 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everybody!

I need a little help with org agenda:

I'd like to see in my daily view or weekly view my effort.

The idea is to see how much time is already comitted with my tasks and
projects.

Is there an easy way to do that?

Flavio Souza
http://www.flaviosouza.org

* Re: See total effort in my agenda
@ 2010-08-16 15:42 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2010-08-16 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Flavio Souza; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Flavio,

Flavio Souza <flaviostz@gmail.com> writes:
> I need a little help with org agenda:
> I'd like to see in my daily view or weekly view my effort.

You already found out about Column View, I suppose, and are not
happy with it?

If that is so, I think it would help to provide more specific info what
your workflow is.

E.g.: You can find an additional (and somewhat outdated) function to
measure your daily load here

        http://sachachua.com/wp/2007/12/a-day-in-a-life-with-org/

An updated version (see last comment) is here:

   http://gist.github.com/265924

However, this is no "out of the box" solution; if you want to modify it,
there is no documentation besides the comments in the source.

Mhh ... did this help?

Memnon

* Re: See total effort in my agenda
@ 2010-08-17  1:13   ` Flavio Souza
From: Flavio Souza @ 2010-08-17  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi Flavio,
>
> Flavio Souza <flaviostz@gmail.com> writes:
>> I need a little help with org agenda:
>> I'd like to see in my daily view or weekly view my effort.
>
> You already found out about Column View, I suppose, and are not
> happy with it?

Yes, I am happy. Column View is fine.

I was trying to do something that actually is not possible.

I would like to check how much time is commited in a certain day. But
when I plan my projects, some tasks have lots of hours. They would probably
take many days. How would orgmode figure out how many hours are commited
in a specific day? This is impossible... if I do not tell :)

I will stick with column view. This is a very nice feature.

Tks!

--
Flávio Souza
http://www.flaviosouza.org

* Re: Re: See total effort in my agenda
@ 2010-08-17  7:07     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-08-17  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Flavio Souza; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Flavio,

Flavio Souza <flaviostz@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to check how much time is commited in a certain day. But
> when I plan my projects, some tasks have lots of hours. They would probably
> take many days. How would orgmode figure out how many hours are commited
> in a specific day? This is impossible... if I do not tell :)

Maybe the first step toward such a feature is to write a dynamic block
which captures the LOGBOOK drawer and format it nicely.

> I will stick with column view. This is a very nice feature.

Indeed :)

--
 Bastien