* Org entry to email
@ 2015-03-16  4:47 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2015-03-16  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Is there something to automatically mark an org element and put it in
an e-mail body ? This is something I am doing quite often and this
would be really useful to me.

Currently, I do M-h then M-w then open a new mail buffer and finally
C-y into it. I'd probably write a macro for that, but, who knows,
there can be a better solution ;-)

Regards
-- Xavier.

* Re: Org entry to email
@ 2015-03-16 13:31 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-03-16 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I have some email functions here:
https://github.com/jkitchin/jmax/blob/master/email.el
that I use with org-mode regularly.

see email-heading in particular.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: Org entry to email
@ 2015-03-16 14:30 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2015-03-16 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Is there something to automatically mark an org element and put it in
> an e-mail body ? This is something I am doing quite often and this
> would be really useful to me.
>
> Currently, I do M-h then M-w then open a new mail buffer and finally
> C-y into it. I'd probably write a macro for that, but, who knows,
> there can be a better solution ;-)
>
> Regards
> -- Xavier.

There's org-mime in contribute, if what you want is a text-plus-html
multipart email. I've also got a package in the repos called Gnorb,
which includes a command called gnorb-org-email-subtree, which does
pretty much what it sounds like: Exports the subtree at point into your
choice of format, and either pastes the resulting text into the email,
or attaches the resulting file to the email.

Eric