* Org to LaTeX export of tables
@ 2015-08-23 23:36 Vikas Rawal
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2015-08-23 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please see the sample org table below, and the way it is exported in LaTeX.

I do not want \begin{center} and \end{center}. Having those results in some extra space between the table and the notes.

How can I get rid of it?

My org version: Org-mode version 8.3 (release_8.3-3-gb5f5d6)

Vikas

#+NAME: table-name
#+CAPTION: Caption of table
#+begin_table
#+begin_threeparttable
#+attr_latex: :environment tabulary :width \textwidth :align LRR
| Col1 | col2 | col3 |
|      |      |      |
|      |      |      |
|      |      |      |
|      |      |      |
#+begin_tablenotes
\item[] \footnotesize /Notes/:

\item[] \footnotesize Note 1 says something

\item[] \footnotesize Note one says something else

\item[] \footnotesize /Source/: Imagined by somebody
#+end_tablenotes
#+end_threeparttable
#+end_table

The LaTeX export:

\begin{table}
\caption{\label{orgspecialblock1}
Caption of table}
\begin{threeparttable}
\begin{center}
\begin{tabulary}{\textwidth}{LRR}
Col1 & col2 & col3\\
 &  & \\
 &  & \\
 &  & \\
 &  & \\
\end{tabulary}
\end{center}
\begin{tablenotes}
\item[] \footnotesize \emph{Notes}:

\item[] \footnotesize Note 1 says something

\item[] \footnotesize Note one says something else

\item[] \footnotesize \emph{Source}: Imagined by somebody
\end{tablenotes}
\end{threeparttable}
\end{table}

* Re: Org to LaTeX export of tables
@ 2015-08-24  3:51 ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2015-08-24  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 24-Aug-2015, at 5:06 am, Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> wrote:
>
> Please see the sample org table below, and the way it is exported in LaTeX.
>
> I do not want \begin{center} and \end{center}. Having those results in some extra space between the table and the notes.

Sorry, clearly explained in the manual. :center does it.

Vikas

* Re: Org to LaTeX export of tables
@ 2015-08-24  7:37 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-08-24  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-08-24, at 01:36, Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> wrote:

> Please see the sample org table below, and the way it is exported in LaTeX.
>
> I do not want \begin{center} and \end{center}. Having those results in some extra space between the table and the notes.

Shouldn't it use \centering instead?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: Org to LaTeX export of tables
@ 2015-08-24 11:19 ` Michael Strey
From: Michael Strey @ 2015-08-24 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mo, 2015-08-24 at 01:36, Vikas Rawal wrote:

[...]

> I do not want \begin{center} and \end{center}. Having those results in
> some extra space between the table and the notes.
>
> How can I get rid of it?

(setq org-latex-tables-centered nil)

Regards
--
Michael Strey
http://www.strey.biz * https://twitter.com/michaelstrey

* Re: Org to LaTeX export of tables
@ 2015-08-24 20:11   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-08-24 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On 2015-08-24, at 01:36, Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> wrote:
>
>> Please see the sample org table below, and the way it is exported in LaTeX.
>>
>> I do not want \begin{center} and \end{center}. Having those results
>> in some extra space between the table and the notes.
>
> Shouldn't it use \centering instead?

It does when it's a "proper" table.  This is a "tabular" inside some
special block that org knows nothing about.

Rasmus

--
Summon the Mothership!