* Clickable links and row insertion/deletion in column view
@ 2016-05-13 16:19 Sebastian E. Kwiatkowski
From: Sebastian E. Kwiatkowski @ 2016-05-13 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

while trying to switch from using spreadsheet to Org mode for some
information management tasks, two issues came up:

1) I spend a lot of time using column view in documents that contain URLs.
Is it possible to display clickable links in column view?

2) Can I define keybindings to insert and delete rows within column view?
Right now, I find myself leaving and re-entering column view all the time
just to add or remove rows.

I've read the full guide, but didn't find any solutions in it. A thread
from 2009 indicates that (a) it's something that other people might find
useful as well and (b) it wasn't easy to implement back then. (
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/17021/focus=17044).

I'm hoping that things might have changed. I'd be very happy to make a
donation or compensate the person directly if someone can code up a
solution.

Thanks!

Sebastian

* Re: Clickable links and row insertion/deletion in column view
@ 2016-05-13 23:11 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-05-13 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian E. Kwiatkowski; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Sebastian E. Kwiatkowski" <sebastian.e.kwiatkowski@googlemail.com>
writes:

> while trying to switch from using spreadsheet to Org mode for some
> information management tasks, two issues came up:
>
> 1) I spend a lot of time using column view in documents that contain URLs.
> Is it possible to display clickable links in column view?

Column view uses overlays. I don't think you can make a part of an
overlay displayed text clickable.

> 2) Can I define keybindings to insert and delete rows within column view?
> Right now, I find myself leaving and re-entering column view all the time
> just to add or remove rows.

You can add (respectively remove) rows with M-S-Right and M-S-Left.

Nicolas Goaziou