* org copied a few files to ~/.org-timestamps
@ 2016-06-15 15:30 Mirko Vukovic
From: Mirko Vukovic @ 2016-06-15 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

(org 8.3.4 on Emacs 24.4.1 on Windows 7)

Some of my org-files are ending up in ~/.org-timestamps.

For example, the file ~/org/general.org also has a copy on ~/.org-
timestamps.  This copy was generated a few days ago.

Any thoughts on why that would happen?

Thanks,

Mirko

* Re: org copied a few files to ~/.org-timestamps
@ 2016-06-15 15:58 ` Mirko Vukovic
From: Mirko Vukovic @ 2016-06-15 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Mirko Vukovic <Mirko.vukovic <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> (org 8.3.4 on Emacs 24.4.1 on Windows 7)
>
> Some of my org-files are ending up in ~/.org-timestamps.
>
> For example, the file ~/org/general.org also has a copy on ~/.org-
> timestamps.  This copy was generated a few days ago.
>
> Any thoughts on why that would happen?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mirko

I did a bit of digging:

Only files that reside in ~/org and that are loaded via the agenda are
then reassigned to the ~/.org-timestamps directory.  If I manually load
the file, then it is not reassigned to that directory.

I used this code snippet to identify them:
  (save-excursion
    (let (matches)
      (dolist (buffer (buffer-list))
	(let ((file-name (buffer-file-name buffer)))
	  (when (and file-name
		     (string-match "org-timestamps" file-name))
	    (push file-name matches))))
      (reverse matches)))

@ 2016-06-17  8:33   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-06-17  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mirko Vukovic; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mirko Vukovic <Mirko.vukovic@gmail.com> writes:

> Mirko Vukovic <Mirko.vukovic <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> (org 8.3.4 on Emacs 24.4.1 on Windows 7)
>>
>> Some of my org-files are ending up in ~/.org-timestamps.
>>
>> For example, the file ~/org/general.org also has a copy on ~/.org-
>> timestamps.  This copy was generated a few days ago.
>>
>> Any thoughts on why that would happen?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mirko
>>

> I did a bit of digging:
>
> Only files that reside in ~/org and that are loaded via the agenda are
> then reassigned to the ~/.org-timestamps directory.  If I manually load
> the file, then it is not reassigned to that directory.
>
> I used this code snippet to identify them:
>   (save-excursion
>     (let (matches)
>       (dolist (buffer (buffer-list))
> 	(let ((file-name (buffer-file-name buffer)))
> 	  (when (and file-name
> 		     (string-match "org-timestamps" file-name))
> 	    (push file-name matches))))
>       (reverse matches)))

No idea about what is going on. Did you try with Emacs -q (or
a variation including stable Org)?

Nicolas Goaziou