* Exporting selected tags *with* its sub-tag hierarchy
@ 2018-02-02 20:35 Pierre-Luc Gauthier
From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier @ 2018-02-02 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

Is there a way to export some tags with all its sub tags?

I have this tree of tags as explained here :
https://orgmode.org/manual/Tag-hierarchy.html
loaded at startup. E.g.:
#+TAGS: [ @errands : bank groceries ]

Filtering the @errands tag in the agenda todo view does lists all of
@errands sub tags as expected (i.e.: bank and groceries). Why then doesn't
SELECT_TAGS do the same on exporting? I did search and try other options to
no avail.

In the minimal working example bellow, only the content explicitly tagged
@errands is exported (to LaTeX might that be relevant). I would expect all
the sub-tags to be exported also. In this example, the content tagged
:bank: does not get exported as expected.

'Any hints on how to achieve hierarchal exporting of tags?

Thanks for any pointers.
--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier

#+TAGS: [ @errands : bank groceries ]
#+SELECT_TAGS: @errands

* General errands                              :@errands:
** TODO Buy matches

* Bank stuff                                       :bank:
** TODO Do pay stuff

* TODO Some other task                         :OtherTag:

* Re: Exporting selected tags *with* its sub-tag hierarchy
@ 2018-02-03 23:15 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-02-03 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre-Luc Gauthier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Pierre-Luc Gauthier <p.luc.gauthier@gmail.com> writes:

> I have this tree of tags as explained here :
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Tag-hierarchy.html
> loaded at startup. E.g.:
>
> #+TAGS: [ @errands : bank groceries ]
>
> Filtering the @errands tag in the agenda todo view does lists all of
> @errands sub tags as expected (i.e.: bank and groceries). Why then doesn't
> SELECT_TAGS do the same on exporting?

Good question. I implemented it as a bugfix in maint branch.

Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou