* Basic citations: bugs with citation objects with multiple keys, prefixes, suffixes
@ 2024-01-16  1:19 William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2024-01-16  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm figuring out complex citation objects with prefixes and suffixes and multiple keys, and found that not all styles export properly (from what I understand).  Here's an Org file that runs through all the citation styles (the Basic.bib is below).  Each citation object has a global prefix ("Citing") and global suffix ("is duplication") and the second citation has a local prefix ("and") and local suffix ("also").

# ----------

#+bibliography: Basic.bib
#+cite_export: basic

Default: [cite:Citing ; @friends; and @friends also; is duplication.]

Note: [cite/ft:Citing ; @friends; and @friends also; is duplication.]

Nocite (should be blank): [cite/n:Citing ; @friends; and @friends also; is duplication.]

Noauthor: [cite/na:Citing ; @friends; and @friends also; is duplication.]

Numeric (should "use global affixes and ignore local ones"): [cite/nb:Citing ; @friends; and @friends also; is duplication.]

Text: [cite/t: Citing ; @friends; and @friends also; is duplication.]

# ----------

Export that and you will see some bugs.  Default, nocite and numeric look correct, but author and noauthor are missing all the surrounding text (I don't see anything in oc-basic.el about why it shouldn't be there), and in note and text "also" should be outside the brackets.

# ----------

Default: (Citing van Dongen, M.R.C., 2012, and van Dongen, M.R.C., 2012
also is duplication.)

Author: van Dongen, M.R.C., van Dongen, M.R.C.

Note:[1]

Nocite (should be blank):

Noauthor: (2012, 2012)

Numeric (should "use global affixes and ignore local ones"): (Citing 1,
1 is duplication.)

Text: Citing van Dongen, M.R.C. (2012), and van Dongen, M.R.C. (2012
also) is duplication.

Footnotes
_________

[1] Citing van Dongen, M.R.C. (2012), and van Dongen, M.R.C. (2012 also)
is duplication.

# ----------

Thanks for looking,

Bill

Basic.bib is still:

@book{friends,
  title = {{{LaTeX}} and Friends},
  author = {van Dongen, M.R.C.},
  date = {2012},
  location = {Berlin},
  publisher = {Springer},
  doi = {10.1007/978-3-642-23816-1},
  isbn = {9783642238161}
}

--
William Denton
https://www.miskatonic.org/

* Re: Basic citations: bugs with citation objects with multiple keys, prefixes, suffixes
@ 2024-01-16 12:39 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-01-16 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

William Denton <william@williamdenton.org> writes:
> I'm figuring out complex citation objects with prefixes and suffixes and multiple keys, and found that not all styles export properly (from what I understand).  Here's an Org file that runs through all the citation styles (the Basic.bib is below).  Each citation object has a global prefix ("Citing") and global suffix ("is duplication") and the second citation has a local prefix ("and") and local suffix ("also").
> Export that and you will see some bugs.  Default, nocite and numeric look correct, but author and noauthor are missing all the surrounding text (I don't see anything in oc-basic.el about why it shouldn't be there), and in note and text "also" should be outside the brackets.

Fixed, on main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=e6e8f0933
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=87da1ff15

--