* Recurrence on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
@ 2007-10-13 21:58 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2007-10-13 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I started today to play with org-mode and agendaview. I like what I see.
But I want something to reoccur every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Is
this possible, or do I need to generate three different entries?

* Re: Recurrence on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
@ 2007-10-14  1:03 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2007-10-14  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Cecil Westerhof <CecilWesterhof@xs4all.nl> writes:

> I started today to play with org-mode and agendaview. I like what I see.
> But I want something to reoccur every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Is this
> possible, or do I need to generate three different entries?

I think we need another property which can define a lisp lambda to be used for
calculating which dates a task will next will fall on, based on the current
SCHEDULED date.

John

* Re: Recurrence on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
@ 2007-10-14  2:18 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-10-14  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Cecil Westerhof <CecilWesterhof@xs4all.nl> writes:

> But I want something to reoccur every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Is
> this possible, or do I need to generate three different entries?

Look here: (info "(Org)Time Stamps")

,----[ TIME STAMP WITH REPEATER INTERVAL ]
| A time stamp may contain a _repeater interval_, indicating that it
| applies not only on the given date, but again and again after a
| certain interval of N days (d), weeks (w), months(m), or years(y).
`----

This task will appear on monday, wednesday, friday, each week starting
from this week:

,----
| * Pick up Sam at school
|   <2005-05-16 lun +1w>
|   <2007-05-16 Wed +1w>
|   <2007-05-18 ven +1w>
`----

You can also use diary-float:

,----[ DIARY-STYLE SEXP ENTRIES ]
| For more complex date specifications, Org-mode supports using the
| special sexp diary entries implemented in the Emacs calendar/diary
| package.  For example
|
|      * The nerd meeting on every 2nd Thursday of the month
|        <%%(diary-float t 4 2)>
`----

HTH,

--
Bastien

* Re: Recurrence on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
@ 2007-10-14  6:14   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-14  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Wiegley; +Cc: org-mode

On Oct 14, 2007, at 3:03, John Wiegley wrote:

> Cecil Westerhof <CecilWesterhof@xs4all.nl> writes:
>
>> I started today to play with org-mode and agendaview. I like what I
>> see.
>> But I want something to reoccur every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
>> Is this
>> possible, or do I need to generate three different entries?
>
> I think we need another property which can define a lisp lambda to be
> used for
> calculating which dates a task will next will fall on, based on the
> current
> SCHEDULED date.

You can already use a diary sexp in a time stamp, I think that should
cover everything?

- Carsten

* Re: Recurrence on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
@ 2007-10-14 10:51     ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2007-10-14 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> You can already use a diary sexp in a time stamp, I think that should cover
> everything?

Sure enough. :)

John