* Column view
@ 2009-06-12 16:23 Flavio Souza
From: Flavio Souza @ 2009-06-12 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi I am using org-mode for project planning for sometime now.

Today I had a problem when using column view.

The upper headers are not updating the Effort values in the column view.

See the picture:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Y6Klpj6A38sEbLGzPjdWCw?feat=directlink

Please, help me.

Flavio Souza
flaviostz AT gmail.com
skype: flaviostz
msn: flaviostz@hotmail.com
http://www.flaviosouza.net

* Re: Column view
@ 2009-06-12 18:37 ` Mikael Fornius
From: Mikael Fornius @ 2009-06-12 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Flavio Souza; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Flavio Souza <flaviostz@gmail.com> writes:

> The upper headers are not updating the Effort values in the column view.

I personally do not use the Effort functionality but It works for me
with a simple test setup (with todays git version).

I used a tree where some property values where mis-spelled or empty and
it worked nice, as expected.

But I noticed that if I had a corrupt #+COLUMNS: definition line I got
similar (but not very) behavior as you when I removed some :Effort:
properties in the structure (I think no new calculations where done).

Just some tips, I do not know if it will help, but anyway:

Maybe have a extra look at the #+COLUMNS: definition line, post it here?

Are some properties damaged?

What happens if you try a smaller setup in a new file, does it work?

--
Mikael Fornius

* Re: Column view
@ 2009-06-12 21:23 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-06-12 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Flavio Souza; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Flavio Souza <flaviostz@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi I am using org-mode for project planning for sometime now.
>
> Today I had a problem when using column view.
>
> The upper headers are not updating the Effort values in the column view.
>
> See the picture:
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Y6Klpj6A38sEbLGzPjdWCw?feat=directlink
>
> Please, help me.
>
> Thanks,

Check that your effort property is ':Effort:' and not ':EFFORT:' or some
other case setting.  I noticed an issue with the value showing up as
blank in column mode if the case wasn't just right.

HTH,

-Bernt