* [babel] problem exporting pictures
@ 2010-05-23 12:28 Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2010-05-23 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hello,

I have encountered this problem since I upgraded to 6.36. I have this
minimal file test.org :

* Test

  Line 1

#+BEGIN_SRC asymptote :file test-fig.pdf
  size(8cm,0);

  draw((0,0)--(1,1));
#+END_SRC

  Line 2
  Line 3

and all I get as export (would it be latex or html) is, minus the
usual preamble :

-------------------
\section{Test}
\label{sec-1}

  Line 1

  Line 3
--------------------

Furthermore :

- the picture is correctly exported if there is nothing
  after #+END_SRC ;

- I get the same unsatisfying results with ditaa (I haven't checked
  others back-ends) ;

- emacs -q or -Q do not change anything.

Is it something that has been fixed in recent git ? Am I doing
something wrong ?

Thanks.

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [babel] problem exporting pictures
@ 2010-05-23 19:35 ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-05-23 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org Mode List

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have encountered this problem since I upgraded to 6.36. I have this
> minimal file test.org :

> * Test
>
>   Line 1
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC asymptote :file test-fig.pdf
>   size(8cm,0);
>
>   draw((0,0)--(1,1));
> #+END_SRC
>
>   Line 2
>   Line 3
>
> and all I get as export (would it be latex or html) is, minus the
> usual preamble :
>
> -------------------
> \section{Test}
> \label{sec-1}
>

>   Line 1
>

>   Line 3
> --------------------
>
> Furthermore :
>
> - the picture is correctly exported if there is nothing
>   after #+END_SRC ;
>
> - I get the same unsatisfying results with ditaa (I haven't checked
>   others back-ends) ;
>
> - emacs -q or -Q do not change anything.
>
> Is it something that has been fixed in recent git ? Am I doing
> something wrong ?

Hi Nicolas,

I can't reproduce this -- it works OK for me using current git master
and 6.36c tarball. What is written to *Messages* during export? I get

Exporting to LaTeX...
org-babel-exp processing...
executing Asymptote source code block
asy -globalwrite -f pdf -o test-fig.pdf  /tmp/org-babel-asymptote1650kFe
(Shell command succeeded with no output)
finished

Dan

@ 2010-05-23 22:31   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2010-05-23 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: Org Mode List

> I can't reproduce this -- it works OK for me using current git master
> and 6.36c tarball. What is written to *Messages* during export? I get

> Exporting to LaTeX...
> org-babel-exp processing...
> executing Asymptote source code block
> asy -globalwrite -f pdf -o test-fig.pdf  /tmp/org-babel-asymptote1650kFe
> (Shell command succeeded with no output)
> finished

I get the same. There is no problem creating the pdf (with C-c C-c and
C-c C-o). But I'm using plain 6.36.

After updating to latest tarball, the problem is indeed gone, along
with some others annoyances.

Thank you.

Nicolas