* [Babel] Header arguments
@ 2011-05-14  2:56 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-05-14  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Aloha all,

I have a little function that graphs two 14C dates (below).  The data
are held in tables produced by a software package that I access on the
web.  I read these into Org-mode and give them a #+tblname:, as shown
below.  I'd like to have one function that will graph any number of tables
but I don't know how to package up the table references and get them
inside the function.  If I put them in a table, they end up as strings
inside the function.

I suspect I'm being thick about this.  Can someone give me a pointer to
how this might be done?

All the best,
Tom

#+tblname: theta-one-no-rat
| cal BP | Posterior probability |
|--------+-----------------------|
|  -1520 | 1.8353001633417145E-5 |

**** Two dates
#+srcname: two-dated-events
#+header: :file ~/org/tsdye/two-dates.pdf
#+header: :var xlab="theta_1"
#+header: :var x=theta-one-no-rat
#+header: :var ylab="theta_4"
#+header: :var y=theta-four-no-rat
#+header:  :width 6 :height 4 :results output graphics
#+begin_src R
  library(ggplot2)
  res <- data.frame(cal.BP=numeric(0),Posterior.probability=numeric(0),label=character(0))
  res <- rbind(res,cbind(x,label=rep(xlab,dim(x)[1])))
  res <- rbind(res,cbind(y,label=rep(ylab,dim(y)[1])))
  theme_set(theme_bw(base_size=11))
  g <-  ggplot(res, aes(x=1950 + cal.BP, y=Posterior.probability))
  g + geom_bar(stat='identity') + xlab("Year AD") +
  ylab("Probability") + facet_wrap(~ label)
#+end_src

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: [Babel] Header arguments
@ 2011-05-14  4:04 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-05-14  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> Aloha all,
>
> I have a little function that graphs two 14C dates (below).  The data
> are held in tables produced by a software package that I access on the
> web.  I read these into Org-mode and give them a #+tblname:, as shown
> below.  I'd like to have one function that will graph any number of tables
> but I don't know how to package up the table references and get them
> inside the function.  If I put them in a table, they end up as strings
> inside the function.
>
> I suspect I'm being thick about this.  Can someone give me a pointer to
> how this might be done?
>
> All the best,
> Tom
>
> #+tblname: theta-one-no-rat
> | cal BP | Posterior probability |
> |--------+-----------------------|
> |  -1520 | 1.8353001633417145E-5 |
>

> **** Two dates
> #+srcname: two-dated-events
> #+header: :file ~/org/tsdye/two-dates.pdf
> #+header: :var xlab="theta_1"
> #+header: :var x=theta-one-no-rat
> #+header: :var ylab="theta_4"
> #+header: :var y=theta-four-no-rat
> #+header:  :width 6 :height 4 :results output graphics
> #+begin_src R
>   library(ggplot2)
>   res <- data.frame(cal.BP=numeric(0),Posterior.probability=numeric(0),label=character(0))
>   res <- rbind(res,cbind(x,label=rep(xlab,dim(x)[1])))
>   res <- rbind(res,cbind(y,label=rep(ylab,dim(y)[1])))
>   theme_set(theme_bw(base_size=11))
>   g <-  ggplot(res, aes(x=1950 + cal.BP, y=Posterior.probability))
>   g + geom_bar(stat='identity') + xlab("Year AD") +
>   ylab("Probability") + facet_wrap(~ label)
> #+end_src

In a similar situation, I was able to do it as follows:

,----
| #+srcname: org2cw
| #+begin_src python :results output :exports none
|   s = ""
|   for row in table:
|       ...do something with row and modify s...
|   print s
|
| #+end_src
|
| #+call: org2cw(table=support.obs) :file support.obs.cwiki
|
| #+call: org2cw(table=support) :file support.cwiki

`----

Each #+call is given a different table as an argument:

,----
| #+tblname: support.obs
|
| #+tblname: support
`----

Note the role of ``table'' as the parameter name in the #+call:s
and its use as a variable in the source block.

HTH,
Nick

* Re: [Babel] Header arguments
@ 2011-05-14 14:05 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-05-14 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> I have a little function that graphs two 14C dates (below).  The data
> are held in tables produced by a software package that I access on the
> web.  I read these into Org-mode and give them a #+tblname:, as shown
> below.  I'd like to have one function that will graph any number of tables
> but I don't know how to package up the table references and get them
> inside the function.  If I put them in a table, they end up as strings
> inside the function.

Hi Tom,

The following example might work, it uses an emacs-lisp code block to
wrap any number of tables into a single list of tables which could then
be passed to R.

#+data: table-names
- first-table
- second-table
- third-table

#+data: first-table
| a | 1 |
| b | 2 |

#+data: second-table
| c | 3 |
| d | 4 |

#+data: third-table
| e | 5 |
| f | 6 |

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table-names=table-names
  (mapcar #'org-babel-ref-resolve table-names)
#+end_src

#+results:
| (a 1) | (b 2) |
| (c 3) | (d 4) |