* BUG: footnote conflicts with code export to pdf
@ 2011-10-23  2:55 zwz
From: zwz @ 2011-10-23  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Steps to reproduce it:

This org file can be exported to pdf correctly.
#+begin_src org
* test
  #+BEGIN_SRC c
  void main(){
    int a;
  }
  #+END_SRC
#+end

Then you modify it:
#+begin_src org
* test
  #+BEGIN_SRC c
  void main(){
    int a[5];
  }
  #+END_SRC
#+end

It says "org-export-latex-preprocess: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"
when you try to export the file.

* Re: BUG: footnote conflicts with code export to pdf
@ 2011-10-23  3:02 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-10-23  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zwz; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> wrote:

> Steps to reproduce it:
>
> This org file can be exported to pdf correctly.
> #+begin_src org
> * test
>   #+BEGIN_SRC c
>   void main(){
>     int a;
>   }
>   #+END_SRC
> #+end
>
> Then you modify it:
> #+begin_src org
> * test
>   #+BEGIN_SRC c
>   void main(){
>     int a[5];
>   }
>   #+END_SRC
> #+end
>
> It says "org-export-latex-preprocess: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"
> when you try to export the file.

You didn't say what version of org you are using. I cannot reproduce it
in Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.416.g93bd.dirty)

Nick

* Re: BUG: footnote conflicts with code export to pdf
@ 2011-10-24  6:23   ` zwz
From: zwz @ 2011-10-24  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Steps to reproduce it:
>>
>> This org file can be exported to pdf correctly.
>> #+begin_src org
>> * test
>>   #+BEGIN_SRC c
>>   void main(){
>>     int a;
>>   }
>>   #+END_SRC
>> #+end
>>
>> Then you modify it:
>> #+begin_src org
>> * test
>>   #+BEGIN_SRC c
>>   void main(){
>>     int a[5];
>>   }
>>   #+END_SRC
>> #+end
>>
>> It says "org-export-latex-preprocess: Wrong type argument: stringp,
> nil"
>> when you try to export the file.
>>

> You didn't say what version of org you are using. I cannot reproduce it
> in Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.416.g93bd.dirty)
>
> Nick

I am using org-mode 7.7-1 (installed by pacman on Archlinux).

* Re: BUG: footnote conflicts with code export to pdf
@ 2011-10-24 19:01     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-10-24 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zwz; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Then you modify it:
> >> #+begin_src org
> >> * test
> >>   #+BEGIN_SRC c
> >>   void main(){
> >>     int a[5];
> >>   }
> >>   #+END_SRC
> >> #+end
> >>
> >> It says "org-export-latex-preprocess: Wrong type argument: stringp,
> > nil"
> >> when you try to export the file.
> >>

> > You didn't say what version of org you are using. I cannot reproduce it
> > in Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.416.g93bd.dirty)
> >
> > Nick
>
> I am using org-mode 7.7-1 (installed by pacman on Archlinux).

Just for future reference: this version does not exist in git, so it
doesn't tell me much. What does M-x org-version say? That's the
important thing (of course, the Archlinux people might have modified it
but it's still the best bet when reporting versions).

Be that as it may, I checked that release_7.7 had the problem, so I tried
a bisection and found that the fix is in the following commit:

,----
| commit c3631aae7e68565978433cad8c4a2b286e91dfac
| Author: Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>
| Date:   Sat Jul 30 12:38:06 2011 +0200
|
|     org-footnote: prevent LaTeX export from catching footnotes in protect environment
|
|     * lisp/org-footnote.el (org-footnote-in-valid-context-p): check
|       `org-protected' property before allowing to match a footnote.
|     (org-footnote-at-reference-p): remove an obsolete test. It's now done
|     in the previous function.
`----

Nick

* Re: BUG: footnote conflicts with code export to pdf
@ 2011-10-25 13:54       ` zwz
From: zwz @ 2011-10-25 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

>> > nil"
>> >>

>> > You didn't say what version of org you are using. I cannot reproduce
> it
>> > in Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.416.g93bd.dirty)
>> >
>> > Nick
>>
>> I am using org-mode 7.7-1 (installed by pacman on Archlinux).
>>

> Just for future reference: this version does not exist in git, so it
> doesn't tell me much. What does M-x org-version say? That's the
> important thing (of course, the Archlinux people might have modified it
> but it's still the best bet when reporting versions).
>
> Be that as it may, I checked that release_7.7 had the problem, so I
> tried
> a bisection and found that the fix is in the following commit:
>
> ,----
> | commit c3631aae7e68565978433cad8c4a2b286e91dfac
> | Author: Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com>
> | Date:   Sat Jul 30 12:38:06 2011 +0200
> |
> | org-footnote: prevent LaTeX export from catching footnotes in protect
> environment
> |
> |     * lisp/org-footnote.el (org-footnote-in-valid-context-p): check
> |       `org-protected' property before allowing to match a footnote.
> | (org-footnote-at-reference-p): remove an obsolete test. It's now done
> |     in the previous function.
> `----
>
> Nick

Thanks for pointing this out.
Now I get the latest org, and it is smooth.