* [BUG] New latex exporter: Not respecting author:nil and timestamp:nil
@ 2012-10-18 13:57 Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2012-10-18 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

New latex exporter doesn't recognize the author:nil and timestamp:nil. test
file is attached.

[-- Attachment #2: org-scratch.org --]
[-- Type: text/x-org, Size: 530 bytes --]

#+TITLE: abcd
#+AUTHOR: me me
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en

#+CAPTION: A wide table with tabulary
#+LABEL: tbl:wide
#+ATTR_LaTeX: table* tabulary width=\textwidth
| column 1  | column 2                                                                           |
|-----------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| first row | a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long  cell |

[-- Attachment #3: org-scratch.pdf --]

Thanks.,

--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు
YYR

* Re: [BUG] New latex exporter: Not respecting author:nil and timestamp:nil
@ 2012-10-18 16:08 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-18 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <hi@yagnesh.org> writes:

> New latex exporter doesn't recognize the author:nil and timestamp:nil. test
> file is attached.
>

> #+TITLE: abcd
> #+AUTHOR: me me
> #+KEYWORDS:
> #+LANGUAGE:  en
>

> #+CAPTION: A wide table with tabulary
> #+LABEL: tbl:wide

It should be #+NAME: tbl:wide
> #+ATTR_LaTeX: table* tabulary width=\textwidth
> | column 1  | column 2                                                                           |
> |-----------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | first row | a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long  cell |

I don't see any author in your PDF file, so what is the problem?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] New latex exporter: Not respecting author:nil and timestamp:nil
@ 2012-10-19  0:16   ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2012-10-19  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Nicolas,

On 10月 19 2012, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

>> #+CAPTION: A wide table with tabulary
>> #+LABEL: tbl:wide
>
> It should be #+NAME: tbl:wide

Thanks, Manual need to be updated then.. (info "(org)Tables in LaTeX export")

>> #+ATTR_LaTeX: table* tabulary width=\textwidth
>> | column 1 | column 2 |
>> |-----------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>> | first row | a long long long long long long long long long long long long
>> | long long long cell |
>>

> I don't see any author in your PDF file, so what is the problem?

Sorry about that, I should have been clear what I was trying to do.

I am trying to use package authblk to set author and affiliations below the
title. But with "author:nil" an empty author field is getting exported to
latex which is causing problems to the author entry for authblk. Please look
into the attached pdf, there is a "author 1^1, author 2^2, and^2" instead of desired
"author 1^1 and author 2^2".

And also the timestamp:nil is not working also.

BTW, not related to this bug report. how can I make that table actually look
as a table.? (Please feel free to shout at me to start a new thread for this.)

[-- Attachment #2: org-scratch.org --]
[-- Type: text/x-org, Size: 711 bytes --]

#+TITLE: abcd
#+AUTHOR: me me
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en

# title
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{authblk}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \author[1]{Author 1}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \author[2]{Author 2}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \affil[1]{Aff 1}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \affil[2]{Aff 2}

#+CAPTION: A wide table with tabulary
#+NAME: tbl:wide
#+ATTR_LaTeX: table* tabulary width=\textwidth
| column 1  | column 2                                                                           |
|-----------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| first row | a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long  cell |

[-- Attachment #3: org-scratch.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 1014 bytes --]

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fixltx2e}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{soul}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{marvosym}
\usepackage{wasysym}
\usepackage{latexsym}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\tolerance=1000
\usepackage{authblk}
\author[1]{Author 1}
\author[2]{Author 2}
\affil[1]{Aff 1}
\affil[2]{Aff 2}
\author{}
\date{\today}
\title{abcd}
\hypersetup{
  pdfkeywords={},
  pdfsubject={},
  pdfcreator={Generated by Org mode 7.9.2 in Emacs 24.2.50.2.}}
\begin{document}

\maketitle
\tableofcontents
\vspace*{1cm}

\begin{table*}[htb]
\caption{\label{tbl-wide}A wide table with tabulary}
\begin{center}
\begin{tabulary}{\textwidth}{ll}
column 1 & column 2\\
\hline
first row & a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long  cell\\
\end{tabulary}
\end{center}
\end{table*}
% Generated by Org mode 7.9.2 in Emacs 24.2.50.2.
\end{document}

[-- Attachment #4: org-scratch.pdf --]

Thanks.,
--

@ 2012-10-20 10:16     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-20 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <hi@yagnesh.org> writes:

>>> #+CAPTION: A wide table with tabulary
>>> #+LABEL: tbl:wide
>>
>> It should be #+NAME: tbl:wide
>
> Thanks, Manual need to be updated then.. (info "(org)Tables in LaTeX export")

Manual still applies to /current/ exporter, which is the old one. Manual
will be updated when new exporter becomes mainstream. Help will be
welcome then.

>>> #+ATTR_LaTeX: table* tabulary width=\textwidth
>>> | column 1 | column 2 |
>>> |-----------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>>> | long long long cell |
>>>

>> I don't see any author in your PDF file, so what is the problem?
>
> Sorry about that, I should have been clear what I was trying to do.
>
> I am trying to use package authblk to set author and affiliations below the
> title. But with "author:nil" an empty author field is getting exported to
> latex which is causing problems to the author entry for authblk. Please look
> into the attached pdf, there is a "author 1^1, author 2^2, and^2" instead of desired
> "author 1^1 and author 2^2".

IIUC, there's a mismatch between current behaviour (author:nil =>
\author{}) and what you want (author:nil => no author command at all).
I don't mind switching to the second option if there's no unwanted side
effect.

> And also the timestamp:nil is not working also.

I don't see any timestamp at the beginning of your latex file, so it
looks like it is working. Again, am I missing something?

> BTW, not related to this bug report. how can I make that table actually look
> as a table.? (Please feel free to shout at me to start a new thread for this.)

I cannot help you since I don't know what you do expect from this table.
What LaTeX code did you want?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] New latex exporter: Not respecting author:nil and timestamp:nil
@ 2012-11-01  6:51       ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2012-11-01  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Nicolas,

sorry for the late reply.

On 10月 20 2012, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:

> IIUC, there's a mismatch between current behaviour (author:nil =>
> \author{}) and what you want (author:nil => no author command at all).
> I don't mind switching to the second option if there's no unwanted side
> effect.

It would be good if no author command is export. please implement it.

Thanks.,
--

@ 2012-11-01  7:12         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-01  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <hi@yagnesh.org> writes:

> It would be good if no author command is export. please implement it.

Done. Note: author:nil _and_ email:t will still use the email as the
argument of the author command.

Nicolas Goaziou