* first step of newbe: *TODO
@ 2013-12-13 17:11 Renato
From: Renato @ 2013-12-13 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
as I already told, I'm a really newbe (to org-mode, as well as emacs)
I'm starting from the very beginning:
following the Doc (here:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/orgtutorial_dto.html)
I wrote my firs TODO list.
But when I press C-c C-t over a TODO element, it appear DONE, write near
the task, but not the CLOSED [time...] on the line after that.

What I have to do?

TIA

Renato

ps
sorry, for the stupid question, but it is really my very firs experimet :-(

* Re: first step of newbe: *TODO
@ 2013-12-13 19:12 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2013-12-13 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

you need to put this in your init.el (or other configuration file) I think:

(setq org-log-done 'time)

or add this to the top of the org-file
#+STARTUP: logdone

John

-----------------------------------
John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

@ 2013-12-13 19:39 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-12-13 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Renato <renato.pontefice@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> as I already told, I'm a really newbe (to org-mode, as well as emacs)
> I'm starting from the very beginning:
> following the Doc (here:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/orgtutorial_dto.html)
> I wrote my firs TODO list.
> But when I press C-c C-t over a TODO element, it appear DONE, write
> near the task, but not the CLOSED [time...] on the line after that.
>
> What I have to do?

There are two ways to get the CLOSED line:

o You can add the following line to your file:

#+STARTUP: logdone

After you do that, you have to make sure that you reinitialize the
state of the file so that org will know about it. The simplest way is
to put the cursor on the #+STARTUP line and press C-c C-c. Another way is to
close the file and reopen it.

Note that this setting will affect this particular file *only*.

o If you want the CLOSED line universally, then add the following to
your .emacs:

(setq org-log-done 'time)

Then exit emacs and start it again.

Nick

* Re: first step of newbe: *TODO
@ 2013-12-14 16:15   ` stardiviner
From: stardiviner @ 2013-12-14 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Renato

You can set global todo keywords with:

(setq org-todo-keywords
      '((sequence "TODO(t@/!)" "|" "DONE(d@/!)")))

Here @ will add timestamp, and ! will prompt for input.

--
[ stardiviner ] Kill the world if you want. That's it.
IRC(freenode): stardiviner     \ Twitter:  @numbchild \