* org-html-do-format-code: End of buffer
@ 2014-03-19 17:43 Andrey Tykhonov
From: Andrey Tykhonov @ 2014-03-19 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I export org-file to the HTML by means of C-c C-e h H (as HTML
buffer) I get the following error:

org-html-do-format-code: End of buffer

and exporting doesn't finish (buffer with the result doesn't appear).

Mentioned org-file is pretty simple:

#+name: basic-python
#+begin_src python :results silent
'hello world'
#+end_src

In the same time for Emacs Lisp it does work, for example:

#+name: basic-elisp
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun test ()
  (interactive)
  (message "Test"))
#+end_src

Also I tried such commands as `org-html-export-to-html' and
`org-html-export-as-html' and got the following in the *Messages* buffer:

org-babel-exp process python at line 2...
Here is not Git work tree
org-html-do-format-code: End of buffer

What is the problem? Why mentioned error occurs? How can I fix it? Please
help.

(org-version)
"8.2.5h"

$ emacs --version
GNU Emacs 24.3.1

I removed built in `org' package and installed it by means of el-get.

Thank you,
Andrey

* Re: org-html-do-format-code: End of buffer
@ 2014-03-19 23:08 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-19 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrey Tykhonov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andrey,

Andrey Tykhonov <atykhonov@gmail.com> writes:

> What is the problem? Why mentioned error occurs? How can I fix it? Please
> help.

Can you reproduce the error with (setq debug-on-error t) and send us
the backtrace?  If you can do this from an uncompiled version of Org,
that's even better.

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-html-do-format-code: End of buffer
@ 2014-03-19 23:24   ` Andrey Tykhonov
From: Andrey Tykhonov @ 2014-03-19 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien!

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Andrey,
>
> Andrey Tykhonov <atykhonov@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> What is the problem? Why mentioned error occurs? How can I fix it? Please
>> help.
>
> Can you reproduce the error with (setq debug-on-error t) and send us
> the backtrace?  If you can do this from an uncompiled version of Org,
> that's even better.

I've tried to reproduce with (toggle-debug-on-error) and now (setq
debug-on-error t) but buffer with the backtrace doesn't appear. I can see
just the same messages in the *Messages* buffer that's all.

* Re: org-html-do-format-code: End of buffer
@ 2014-03-19 23:34     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-19 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrey Tykhonov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Andrey,

Andrey Tykhonov <atykhonov@gmail.com> writes:

> I've tried to reproduce with (toggle-debug-on-error) and now (setq
> debug-on-error t) but buffer with the backtrace doesn't appear.

Maybe you need to try from a fresh Emacs session: in this case, just
add (setq debug-on-error t) in your .emacs.el.

> I can see
> just the same messages in the *Messages* buffer that's all.

Another way to explore this:

M-x find-function RET org-html-do-format-code RET
M-x edebug-defun RET

Then try to export: the evaluation will stop at the beginning
of this function.  You need to type `n' to let the evaluation
continue step by step, and perhaps you will hit the point where
you can make sense of this "End of buffer" error.

Good luck!

--
 Bastien