* Newlines in capture templates
@ 2014-09-03 16:08 Carlos Pita
From: Carlos Pita @ 2014-09-03 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I would like to separate the items in my capture files by a number of
newlines, as in:

	** item 1

    content 1

    ** item 2

    content 2

	** item 3

	content 3

instead of:

	** item 1

	content 1
	** item 2

	content 2
	** item 3

	content 3

But org is removing the heading and trailing \n from my templates. Is
there any way to avoid this, or to command org to automatically include
newlines between captures?

Thank you in advance
--
Carlos

* Re: Newlines in capture templates
@ 2014-09-03 19:24 ` Carlos Pita
From: Carlos Pita @ 2014-09-03 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Well, I've figured it out myself, it wasn't that hard. Here it is in
case someone else comes here looking for an answer in the future:

C-h v org-capture-templates:

[...]

 :empty-lines        Set this to the number of lines the should be inserted
                     before and after the new item.  Default 0, only common
                     other value is 1.

 :empty-lines-before Set this to the number of lines the should be inserted
                     before the new item.  Overrides :empty-lines for the
                     number lines inserted before.

 :empty-lines-after  Set this to the number of lines the should be inserted
                     after the new item.  Overrides :empty-lines for the
                     number of lines inserted after.

Cheers
--
Carlos