* Internal links not working?
@ 2014-10-15 16:52 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-10-15 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

I have this test file:

========================
#+TITLE: Link testing

* Heading
:PROPERTIES:
:CUSTOM_ID: link-target
:END:

* Second heading
<<target>>
* Third heading
* Fourth heading
Testing linking to precise targets, not headings:
<<Third heading>>
* Links
[[#link-target]]
[[target]]
[[Second heading]]
[[Third heading]]
========================

When I C-c C-o (or mouse-1) on any of the links under the last heading,
I am being asked for a TAGS table.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: Internal links not working?
@ 2014-10-15 17:34 ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2014-10-15 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marcin,

> I have this test file:
>
> ========================
>
> #+TITLE: Link testing
>
> * Heading
> :PROPERTIES:
> :CUSTOM_ID: link-target
> :END:
>
> * Second heading
> <<target>>
> * Third heading
> * Fourth heading
> Testing linking to precise targets, not headings:
> <<Third heading>>
> * Links
> [[#link-target]]
> [[target]]
> [[Second heading]]
> [[Third heading]]
> ========================
>
> When I C-c C-o (or mouse-1) on any of the links under the last heading,
> I am being asked for a TAGS table.

All those links work as expected here.

C-h k C-c C-o says

C-c C-o runs the command org-open-at-point (found in org-mode-map),
which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `org.el'.

What does C-h k C-c C-o say in your case?  Possibly you managed to
shadow the binding somehow.

Ciao,  Marco
--
http://www.wahlzone.de
GPG: 0x0A3AE6F2

* Re: Internal links not working?
@ 2014-10-15 18:03   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-10-15 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2014-10-15, at 19:34, Marco Wahl wrote:

> Hi Marcin,
>
>> I have this test file:
>>
>> ========================
>>
>> #+TITLE: Link testing
>>
>> * Heading
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :CUSTOM_ID: link-target
>> :END:
>>
>> * Second heading
>> <<target>>
>> * Third heading
>> * Fourth heading
>> Testing linking to precise targets, not headings:
>> <<Third heading>>
>> * Links
>> [[#link-target]]
>> [[target]]
>> [[Second heading]]
>> [[Third heading]]
>> ========================
>>
>> When I C-c C-o (or mouse-1) on any of the links under the last heading,
>> I am being asked for a TAGS table.
>
> All those links work as expected here.
>
> C-h k C-c C-o says

> C-c C-o runs the command org-open-at-point (found in org-mode-map),
> which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `org.el'.
>
> What does C-h k C-c C-o say in your case?  Possibly you managed to
> shadow the binding somehow.

No.  (I checked it earlier, and re-checked it now.  The binding is
fine.)

> Ciao,  Marco

Best,

--

@ 2014-10-15 18:16 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-10-15 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

On 2014-10-15, at 18:52, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> I have this test file:
>
> ========================
> #+TITLE: Link testing
>
> * Heading
> :PROPERTIES:
> :CUSTOM_ID: link-target
> :END:
>
> * Second heading
> <<target>>
> * Third heading
> * Fourth heading
> Testing linking to precise targets, not headings:
> <<Third heading>>
> * Links
> [[#link-target]]
> [[target]]
> [[Second heading]]
> [[Third heading]]
> ========================
>
> When I C-c C-o (or mouse-1) on any of the links under the last heading,
> I am being asked for a TAGS table.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> TIA,

I instrumented for Edebug the org-open-at-point function, and I found
the culprit: the value of org-open-link-functions is

(org-ctags-find-tag org-ctags-ask-rebuild-tags-file-then-find-tag
org-ctags-ask-append-topic)

here.  I don't need to add that I never customized that variable...

What is even more strange, when I try to M-x set-variable, it somehow
gets changed to org-ctags-open-link-functions (i.e., I want to change
org-open-link-functions, so I enter this at the prompt, and the next
prompt - the one for the value - displays the name of the other
variable...).

Really strange.  Any ideas what might have happened?

--

@ 2014-10-15 21:27   ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2014-10-15 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> #+TITLE: Link testing
>>
>> * Heading
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :CUSTOM_ID: link-target
>> :END:
>>
>> * Second heading
>> <<target>>
>> * Third heading
>> * Fourth heading
>> Testing linking to precise targets, not headings:
>> <<Third heading>>
>> * Links
>> [[#link-target]]
>> [[target]]
>> [[Second heading]]
>> [[Third heading]]

>> When I C-c C-o (or mouse-1) on any of the links under the last heading,
>> I am being asked for a TAGS table.

> I instrumented for Edebug the org-open-at-point function, and I found
> the culprit: the value of org-open-link-functions is
>
> (org-ctags-find-tag org-ctags-ask-rebuild-tags-file-then-find-tag
> org-ctags-ask-append-topic)

Looks like this setting goes back to Org module org-ctags.  Possibly you
want just switch off the ctags module via

M-x customize-variable org-modules

Of course you could also study org-ctags and try to understand its
benefits.

Regards,  Marco
--
http://www.wahlzone.de
GPG: 0x0A3AE6F2

* Re: Internal links not working?
@ 2014-10-15 21:43     ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-10-15 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2014-10-15, at 23:27, Marco Wahl wrote:

>>> #+TITLE: Link testing
>>>
>>> * Heading
>>> :PROPERTIES:
>>> :CUSTOM_ID: link-target
>>> :END:
>>>
>>> * Second heading
>>> <<target>>
>>> * Third heading
>>> * Fourth heading
>>> Testing linking to precise targets, not headings:
>>> <<Third heading>>
>>> * Links
>>> [[#link-target]]
>>> [[target]]
>>> [[Second heading]]
>>> [[Third heading]]
>
>>> When I C-c C-o (or mouse-1) on any of the links under the last heading,
>>> I am being asked for a TAGS table.
>
>> I instrumented for Edebug the org-open-at-point function, and I found
>> the culprit: the value of org-open-link-functions is
>>
>> (org-ctags-find-tag org-ctags-ask-rebuild-tags-file-then-find-tag
>> org-ctags-ask-append-topic)
>
> Looks like this setting goes back to Org module org-ctags.  Possibly you
> want just switch off the ctags module via
>
> M-x customize-variable org-modules
>
> Of course you could also study org-ctags and try to understand its
> benefits.

Funny thing - I /never/ turned this module on!  The only thing connected
with tag tables in Emacs I do is I sometimes accidentally hit M-. or
something like that.

> Regards,  Marco

Thanks for your effort!

--

@ 2014-10-20 13:29       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-10-20 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Borkowski; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marcin,

Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:

> Funny thing - I /never/ turned this module on!  The only thing connected
> with tag tables in Emacs I do is I sometimes accidentally hit M-. or
> something like that.

Can you check that M-. (or some other command) is not adding those
functions in the hook behind your back?

--
 Bastien