* [bug?, ox-latex] creator not commented out
@ 2015-03-20 23:33 Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-03-20 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

In ox-latex :creator is inserted according to

     ;; Creator.
     (and (plist-get info :with-creator)
	  (concat (plist-get info :creator) "\n"))

Is it on purpose that if :with-creator is non-nil and :creator is the
default value, then it's inserted in the pdf, i.e. without being prefixed
with %?

—Rasmus

--
One thing that is clear: it's all down hill from here

* Re: [bug?, ox-latex] creator not commented out
@ 2015-03-20 23:43 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-20 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> In ox-latex :creator is inserted according to
>
>      ;; Creator.
>      (and (plist-get info :with-creator)
> 	  (concat (plist-get info :creator) "\n"))
>
> Is it on purpose that if :with-creator is non-nil and :creator is the
> default value, then it's inserted in the pdf, i.e. without being prefixed
> with %?

See 16cea3d7b74e34945355cf434a684890f4c52cb2.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [bug?, ox-latex] creator not commented out
@ 2015-03-25 19:27   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-03-25 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> In ox-latex :creator is inserted according to
>>
>>      ;; Creator.
>>      (and (plist-get info :with-creator)
>> 	  (concat (plist-get info :creator) "\n"))
>>
>> Is it on purpose that if :with-creator is non-nil and :creator is the
>> default value, then it's inserted in the pdf, i.e. without being prefixed
>> with %?
>
> See 16cea3d7b74e34945355cf434a684890f4c52cb2.

This "sort of" breaks the creator field for hyperref.  Now we neither have
the Org string nor the default LaTeX string.  We could make creator
unconditional for meta data (makes sense) and ask people to remove %c from
the respective template*s*(!) if they don't want it...

Also, there's no longer a "created with org"-tag at the bottom of html
pages by default.  This is not necessarily bad.

—Rasmus

--
Warning: Everything saved will be lost

* Re: [bug?, ox-latex] creator not commented out
@ 2015-03-26 12:00     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-26 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> This "sort of" breaks the creator field for hyperref.  Now we neither have
> the Org string nor the default LaTeX string.

You need to set `org-export-with-creator' to t. We can also patch
`org-latex--format-spec' to skip ?c entry altogether when the variable
is nil, in order to get default LaTeX string.

> We could make creator unconditional for meta data (makes sense) and
> ask people to remove %c from the respective template*s*(!) if they
> don't want it...

This is what "ox-html" does, AFAICT.

Either way is fine with me. Do you want to make the change?

> Also, there's no longer a "created with org"-tag at the bottom of html
> pages by default.  This is not necessarily bad.

This was a misinterpretation of `comment' value in "ox-html.el". Anyway,
I think this is fine.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [bug?, ox-latex] creator not commented out
@ 2015-03-26 12:07       ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-03-26 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> This "sort of" breaks the creator field for hyperref.  Now we neither have
>> the Org string nor the default LaTeX string.
>
> You need to set `org-export-with-creator' to t. We can also patch
> `org-latex--format-spec' to skip ?c entry altogether when the variable
> is nil, in order to get default LaTeX string.

But as I started by saying this adds the creator as inline-text in latex
cf. the end of org-latex-template.

>> We could make creator unconditional for meta data (makes sense) and
>> ask people to remove %c from the respective template*s*(!) if they
>> don't want it...
>
> This is what "ox-html" does, AFAICT.

ATM no ad is exported in the postamble.  It used to printed in 8.2.  I
don't mind not having it.

> Either way is fine with me. Do you want to make the change?

Yeah, but I don't know what the right change is.  I can remove the creator
part from the ox-latex template and make the hyperref spec ignore
:with-creator.

—Rasmus

--
. . . The proofs are technical in nature and provides no real understanding

* Re: [bug?, ox-latex] creator not commented out
@ 2015-03-27 11:04         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-27 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Yeah, but I don't know what the right change is.  I can remove the creator
> part from the ox-latex template and make the hyperref spec ignore
> :with-creator.

What about keeping the creator part at the end of the template and
ignore :with-creator in the hyperref spec?

* Re: [bug?, ox-latex] creator not commented out
@ 2015-03-27 12:00           ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-03-27 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> Yeah, but I don't know what the right change is.  I can remove the creator
>> part from the ox-latex template and make the hyperref spec ignore
>> :with-creator.
>
> What about keeping the creator part at the end of the template and
> ignore :with-creator in the hyperref spec?

Fixed in e9fd199.

In e9fd199 meta-data is always available via the specs in ox-latex and
always inserted in ox-odt.  An empty generator, which could be produced
before, is definitely wrong cf:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__1415092_253892949

But we could allow for no meta generator field, if that's desirable.  I
guess the rightᵀᴹ approach would be to make the meta data configurable as
with hyperref.

—Rasmus

--
There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know

* Re: [bug?, ox-latex] creator not commented out
@ 2015-03-27 17:11             ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-27 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Fixed in e9fd199.

Thank you.

> In e9fd199 meta-data is always available via the specs in ox-latex and
> always inserted in ox-odt.  An empty generator, which could be produced
> before, is definitely wrong cf:
>
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__1415092_253892949
>
> But we could allow for no meta generator field, if that's desirable.  I
> guess the rightᵀᴹ approach would be to make the meta data configurable as
> with hyperref.

Sounds good.