* speedbar tweaks or alternatives?
@ 2015-07-10 22:34 scrawler
From: scrawler @ 2015-07-10 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode list

Hi guys,

I recently discovered that the speedbar can be used to navigate headings in my org files. It doesn't seem to work very well. The speedbar won't refresh, and it won't show more than two heading levels. Can anyone suggest customizations to make it work, or alternatives that do the same thing?

thanks.
--
signature mischievous: "heh, heh, heh"
:-)

* Re: speedbar tweaks or alternatives?
@ 2015-07-10 22:50 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-07-10 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: scrawler; +Cc: orgmode list

Aloha scrawler,

An alternative might be helm-org.

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: speedbar tweaks or alternatives?
@ 2015-07-11  9:47 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-07-11  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: scrawler; +Cc: orgmode list

On 2015-07-11, at 00:34, scrawler@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I recently discovered that the speedbar can be used to navigate headings in my org files. It doesn't seem to work very well. The speedbar won't refresh, and it won't show more than two heading levels. Can anyone suggest customizations to make it work, or alternatives that do the same thing?

org-goto (C-c C-j)?

> thanks.

Hth,

--