* 8.3.1 bug or misunderstanding -- inline archive
@ 2015-08-20 13:26 Hymie!
From: Hymie! @ 2015-08-20 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a few items in my org file that are tagged "ARCHIVE".  They show up
grey in my emacs window.

If I sit the cursor on the * bullet and hit TAB, I get a message that says
"Subtree is archived and stays closed.  Use <C-tab> to cycle it anyway."

However, if I sit the cursor on the actual headline and hit TAB, I get the
same message, but the subtree is also expanded.

I don't recall offhand how it worked in 8.2.x, but I'm pretty sure it
refused to expand the subtree no matter where the cursor was.

--hymie!

* Re: 8.3.1 bug or misunderstanding -- inline archive
@ 2015-08-21  2:46 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2015-08-21  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hymie!; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hymie! <hymie@lactose.homelinux.net> writes:

> I have a few items in my org file that are tagged "ARCHIVE".  They show up
> grey in my emacs window.
>
> If I sit the cursor on the * bullet and hit TAB, I get a message that says
> "Subtree is archived and stays closed.  Use <C-tab> to cycle it anyway."
>
> However, if I sit the cursor on the actual headline and hit TAB, I get the
> same message, but the subtree is also expanded.
>
> I don't recall offhand how it worked in 8.2.x, but I'm pretty sure it
> refused to expand the subtree no matter where the cursor was.

Yes, you're correct.  This behavior was introduced by 389274c ("Fix
`org-hide-archived-subtrees'", 2014-12-16).  The issue is that the new
regexp is anchored at the start of the heading, but the argument BEG is
not necessarily at the beginning of the line.

--
Kyle

* Re: 8.3.1 bug or misunderstanding -- inline archive
@ 2015-08-21 11:59   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-08-21 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: Hymie!, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> writes:

> Hymie! <hymie@lactose.homelinux.net> writes:
>
>> I have a few items in my org file that are tagged "ARCHIVE".  They show up
>> grey in my emacs window.
>>
>> If I sit the cursor on the * bullet and hit TAB, I get a message that says
>> "Subtree is archived and stays closed.  Use <C-tab> to cycle it anyway."
>>
>> However, if I sit the cursor on the actual headline and hit TAB, I get the
>> same message, but the subtree is also expanded.
>>
>> I don't recall offhand how it worked in 8.2.x, but I'm pretty sure it
>> refused to expand the subtree no matter where the cursor was.
>
> Yes, you're correct.  This behavior was introduced by 389274c ("Fix
> `org-hide-archived-subtrees'", 2014-12-16).  The issue is that the new
> regexp is anchored at the start of the heading, but the argument BEG is
> not necessarily at the beginning of the line.

Indeed. Fixed. Thanks to you both.

Nicolas Goaziou