* location/map intergration/ links for orgmode?
@ 2015-09-11  7:54 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2015-09-11  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all

i wonder if anyone has experience with using maps etv in orgmode?
i have used org very successfully in my last 2 trips abroad to detail/note
places to visit (and eat! :)). i then usually search for the place name in
google maps and mark it there so i can reach it easily.
I would love to know if there are open source alternatives to google maps
and/or way to integrate location/map services in orgmode

thx !

* Re: location/map intergration/ links for orgmode?
@ 2015-09-11  8:44 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-09-11  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

On Friday, 11 Sep 2015 at 10:54, Xebar Saram wrote:

[...]

> I would love to know if there are open source alternatives to google maps

I cannot help you with the rest of your query but for this, try

  http://www.openstreetmap.org/

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.1-200-gd854c1

* Re: location/map intergration/ links for orgmode?
@ 2015-09-11 15:34 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-09-11 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all
>
> i wonder if anyone has experience with using maps etv in orgmode?
> i have used org very successfully in my last 2 trips abroad to detail/note places to visit (and eat!
> :)). i then usually search for the place name in google maps and mark it there so i can reach it easily.
> I would love to know if there are open source alternatives to google maps and/or way to integrate
> location/map services in orgmode

See the thread starting at

     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/26797

I think I had tried that back then and it worked (for some
value of "worked") but I have not used it since.

Nick