* #+language and case
@ 2016-05-22 13:44 Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-05-22 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I just pushed a patch (d07fafed4af9d22044870ae909f0bb82b1412eb6) that
makes the ox-html insensitive to the usage of case of the #+language
keyword value.

I realize this might be design, as ox-latex is done in the same way.  But
I don’t see any reason for Org to have an opinion on the case of language,
especially since e.g. blocks are not case-sensitive.  Should I also make
ox-latex and other backends insensitive to case or maybe just remove the
aforementioned commit?

Rasmus

--
If you can mix business and politics wonderful things can happen!

* Re: #+language and case
       [not found] <e8ef4a4fd6c549deaa3537344c7f059a@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2016-05-22 15:42 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-05-22 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Sunday, 22 May 2016 at 13:44, Rasmus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just pushed a patch (d07fafed4af9d22044870ae909f0bb82b1412eb6) that
> makes the ox-html insensitive to the usage of case of the #+language
> keyword value.
>
> I realize this might be design, as ox-latex is done in the same way.  But
> I don’t see any reason for Org to have an opinion on the case of language,
> especially since e.g. blocks are not case-sensitive.  Should I also make
> ox-latex and other backends insensitive to case or maybe just remove the
> aforementioned commit?

Strangely and/or luckily, I had assumed that all parsing of keywords was
done in a case insensitive manner and I've never had a problem.  If this
is actually not the case, I would strongly support making the changes
you propose.  Unless I misunderstood, of course!

thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.93.1, Org release_8.3.4-775-g3308a5

* Re: #+language and case
@ 2016-05-22 18:56 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-05-22 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> I just pushed a patch (d07fafed4af9d22044870ae909f0bb82b1412eb6) that
> makes the ox-html insensitive to the usage of case of the #+language
> keyword value.
>
> I realize this might be design, as ox-latex is done in the same way.  But
> I don’t see any reason for Org to have an opinion on the case of language,
> especially since e.g. blocks are not case-sensitive.  Should I also make
> ox-latex and other backends insensitive to case or maybe just remove the
> aforementioned commit?

Indeed. Value is case insensitive. The change can be propagated to other
back-ends. Thank you for catching it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: #+language and case
@ 2016-05-22 20:12   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-05-22 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> I just pushed a patch (d07fafed4af9d22044870ae909f0bb82b1412eb6) that
>> makes the ox-html insensitive to the usage of case of the #+language
>> keyword value.
>>
>> I realize this might be design, as ox-latex is done in the same way.  But
>> I don’t see any reason for Org to have an opinion on the case of language,
>> especially since e.g. blocks are not case-sensitive.  Should I also make
>> ox-latex and other backends insensitive to case or maybe just remove the
>> aforementioned commit?
>
> Indeed. Value is case insensitive. The change can be propagated to other
> back-ends. Thank you for catching it.

OK, I will be going over this and push changes to maint.

--
To err is human. To screw up 10⁶ times per second, you need a computer