* Dates in Tables Should be Inactive
@ 2017-01-16 14:35 Doherty, Daniel
From: Doherty, Daniel @ 2017-01-16 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode List

All,

I sometimes like to compute with dates in tables.  As it now stands,
org inserts computed dates in tables as active timestamps.
This makes no sense to me since, if its in a table, one probably wants to
treat the date just as a piece of data, not something to show up
in the agenda.

For example:

| Name  | Now                    |
|-------+------------------------|
| Bill  | <2017-01-16 Mon 08:17> |
| Sally | <2017-01-16 Mon 08:17> |
| Eddy  | <2017-01-16 Mon 08:17> |
#+TBLFM: $2=now()

Now I have three items show up in the agenda.  Shouldn't these get
inserted as inactive timestamps?

Daniel E. Doherty
Law Offices of Daniel E. Doherty
7300 W. 110th Street, Suite 930
Overland Park, KS 66210
913.338.7182 (Phone)
913.338.7164 (FAX)
ded-law@ddoherty.net

* Re: Dates in Tables Should be Inactive
@ 2017-01-17  9:21 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-01-17  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doherty, Daniel; +Cc: Org-mode List

Hello,

"Doherty, Daniel" <ded@ddoherty.net> writes:

> I sometimes like to compute with dates in tables.  As it now stands,
> org inserts computed dates in tables as active timestamps.

This because Calc package itself returns dates as active time stamps.

> This makes no sense to me since, if its in a table, one probably wants to
> treat the date just as a piece of data, not something to show up
> in the agenda.

Agreed. In master, I pushed a change that transforms all computed dates
as inactive time stamps.

Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Dates in Tables Should be Inactive
@ 2017-01-26 14:09   ` Daniel E. Doherty
From: Daniel E. Doherty @ 2017-01-26 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org-mode List, Doherty, Daniel

> Agreed. In master, I pushed a change that transforms all computed dates
> as inactive time stamps.

Nicolas, just say this, and thanks for the quick action.