* Tips on reproducing and bisecting bugs
@ 2023-09-06 20:02 Rens Oliemans
From: Rens Oliemans @ 2023-09-06 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Thanks for creating and maintaining Org mode, it's great. I tried helping out recently by
confirming and bisecting a reported bug
(https://list.orgmode.org/CAMJKaZz6sRDOxV6rhmdM97enhYsNTodtcTCZNn1ZbQUk3GH9Lw@mail.gmail.com/),
but am not sure if what I did was actually useful, and if so, how to do this more
efficiently.

I have the orgmode repo cloned, and build orgmode with `make && make vanilla`. When
bisecting, I manually navigate to and load the required init.el and reproduce the bug per
commit. It seems that parameters passed to `make vanilla` are not passed to emacs. Is this
how you would do it, or do you have tips to improve this workflow? Additionally, how could
I do this for different emacs versions?

If it wasn't all that useful, what can I do to improve this? I have a little bit of lisp
knowledge, but no experience with the orgmode source code (yet).

--
Thanks and best,
Rens