* strange export problem with a file: link
@ 2024-04-18 10:50 Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2024-04-18 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I have a file that consists of these three lines:

#+begin_src latex :results file raw :exports results :file function.png
\[ y = f(x) \]
#+end_src

With "emacs -Q" and loading in org from the git repository as of maybe
an hour or so ago, I get this error:

org-odt-export-to-odt: OpenDocument export failed: Opening input file: No such file or directory, /tmp/file:function.png

when I try to export the file to ODT.  Exporting to LaTeX (PDF) works
just fine.  For the ODT export, the "file:" link specification is not
being removed.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong; is this a bug in the exporter?

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.23-1320-g1be2f9 in Emacs 30.0.50

* Re: strange export problem with a file: link
@ 2024-04-18 12:08 ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2024-04-18 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 18/04/2024 17:50, Fraga, Eric wrote:
> #+begin_src latex :results file raw :exports results :file function.png
> \[ y = f(x) \]
> #+end_src
>
> org-odt-export-to-odt: OpenDocument export failed: Opening input file: No such file or directory, /tmp/file:function.png

It is a side effect of

72b0e9ff0 2024-02-05 16:39:05 +0100 Ihor Radchenko: org-export: Do not
strip link type by default during export

* Re: strange export problem with a file: link
@ 2024-04-18 14:37   ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2024-04-18 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Nikulin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Thursday, 18 Apr 2024 at 19:08, Max Nikulin wrote:
> It is a side effect of
>
> 72b0e9ff0 2024-02-05 16:39:05 +0100 Ihor Radchenko: org-export: Do not
> strip link type by default during export

Thank you Max.

I have now checked the ORG-NEWS file, which I probably should have
looked at before posting (sorry!).  The implication is that I should use
org-link-set-parameters to define the :export field for the file link.
I'll explore in due course.  It might be nice if the news entry gave a
simple example to get back to the previous behaviour.  At this point,
I've moved to using MathML instead for what I need doing right now so
the problem is no longer an issue for me (at the moment).

However, although I'm sure there was a good reason for the change, it
has broken quite a few of my documents!  Not complaining; just noting.
Living at the edge does carry a price...

Thanks again,
eric

--

@ 2024-04-18 14:46     ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2024-04-18 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 18/04/2024 21:37, Fraga, Eric wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 Apr 2024 at 19:08, Max Nikulin wrote:
>> It is a side effect of
>>
>> 72b0e9ff0 2024-02-05 16:39:05 +0100 Ihor Radchenko: org-export: Do not
>> strip link type by default during export
>
> I have now checked the ORG-NEWS file, which I probably should have
> looked at before posting (sorry!).  The implication is that I should use
> org-link-set-parameters to define the :export field for the file link.

Sorry that I was not clear enough. Org code should be fixed. For a while
you may revert that commit in your local repository.

* Re: strange export problem with a file: link
@ 2024-04-18 15:52       ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2024-04-18 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Nikulin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Thursday, 18 Apr 2024 at 21:46, Max Nikulin wrote:
> Sorry that I was not clear enough. Org code should be fixed. For a
> while you may revert that commit in your local repository.

Ah, okay!  Thank you.  I'll leave my documents as they are then. :-)

--

@ 2024-04-20 12:25 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-04-20 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> I have a file that consists of these three lines:

> #+begin_src latex :results file raw :exports results :file function.png
> \[ y = f(x) \]
> #+end_src
>
> With "emacs -Q" and loading in org from the git repository as of maybe
> an hour or so ago, I get this error:
>
> org-odt-export-to-odt: OpenDocument export failed: Opening input file: No such file or directory, /tmp/file:function.png
>
> when I try to export the file to ODT.  Exporting to LaTeX (PDF) works
> just fine.  For the ODT export, the "file:" link specification is not
> being removed.
>
> I don't think I'm doing anything wrong; is this a bug in the exporter?

Yes.
Fixed, on main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=769018718

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: strange export problem with a file: link
@ 2024-04-22  7:33   ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2024-04-22  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, 20 Apr 2024 at 12:25, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Fixed, on main.

Thank you!

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.23-1320-g1be2f9 in Emacs 30.0.50