* org-agenda is not working after org-mode update
@ 2013-04-21 12:28 Sergey Pashinin
From: Sergey Pashinin @ 2013-04-21 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I updated org-mode yesterday through Melpa.
After that org-agenda stopped working for me.

It says:

Invalid function: org-with-silent-modifications

In my script I had this:

(org-agenda nil "n")

Trying to execute it now gives:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-function
org-with-silent-modifications)
   org-with-silent-modifications(nil)
   org-refresh-category-properties()
   byte-code("\306\b!\203\.....
   org-agenda-prepare-buffers(("/data/org/work.org" ...))
   org-agenda-prepare("Agenda and all TODO's")
   (let nil (org-agenda-prepare name))
   eval((let nil (org-agenda-prepare name)))
   org-let(nil (org-agenda-prepare name))
   org-agenda-run-series("Agenda and all TODO's" (((agenda "") (alltodo
""))))
   org-agenda(nil "n")
   eval((org-agenda nil "n") nil)
   eval-last-sexp-1(nil)
   eval-last-sexp(nil)
   call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)
   command-execute(eval-last-sexp)

-------------------------

Also have to add:

I had only "(require 'org)" in my file and it started to complain: "I
don't know org-agenda-buffer-name variable"

So I had to add:

(require 'org)
(require 'org-agenda)
;;(require 'org-compat)

But still got an error I described above.
Looks like a bug

* Re: org-agenda is not working after org-mode update
@ 2013-04-21 13:26 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-21 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Pashinin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sergey,

Sergey Pashinin <sergey@pashinin.com> writes:

> I updated org-mode yesterday through Melpa.
> After that org-agenda stopped working for me.

Please read the release notes carefully:

  http://orgmode.org/Changes.html

When installing from Melpa (or GNU ELPA, or Org ELPA),
this needs to be done in a fresh Emacs session.

I hope this fixes your problem.

--
 Bastien