* Clocking totals in agenda view
@ 2013-04-26  8:39 Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2013-04-26  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi all,

I've recently started looking at the time tracking facilities in
org-mode, and in particular clocking time, which really is awesome.

org-agenda-consistency-checks seems really useful, however I'd really
like to add another similar overlay to the agenda that displays how
much time was clocked on that day.

Is this currently possible?

R.

* Re: Clocking totals in agenda view
@ 2013-04-26  8:45 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-04-26  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Rick,

Rick Moynihan wrote:
> I've recently started looking at the time tracking facilities in
> org-mode, and in particular clocking time, which really is awesome.
>
> org-agenda-consistency-checks seems really useful, however I'd really
> like to add another similar overlay to the agenda that displays how
> much time was clocked on that day.
>
> Is this currently possible?

See the command `org-agenda-clockreport-mode', bound to `R'.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Clocking totals in agenda view
@ 2013-04-26 11:55   ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2013-04-26 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Yes I'd seen that, but I hadn't thought that I could narrow the agenda
to a day, and then generate the report... which almost gives me what I
want.

Ideally I'd like to visualise the clocking times for a whole week at a
time, by day...  So I could spot days easily where there had been
clocking errors... rather than having to page through them manually...
is this possible?

Many thanks,

R.

@ 2013-04-26 13:30     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-04-26 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Rick Moynihan,

Rick Moynihan wrote:
> On 26 April 2013 09:45, Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Rick Moynihan wrote:
>>> I've recently started looking at the time tracking facilities in org-mode,
>>> and in particular clocking time, which really is awesome.
>>>
>>> org-agenda-consistency-checks seems really useful, however I'd really like
>>> to add another similar overlay to the agenda that displays how much time
>>> was clocked on that day.
>>>
>>> Is this currently possible?
>>
>> See the command `org-agenda-clockreport-mode', bound to `R'.
>
> Yes I'd seen that, but I hadn't thought that I could narrow the agenda to a
> day, and then generate the report... which almost gives me what I want.
>
> Ideally I'd like to visualise the clocking times for a whole week at a time,
> by day... So I could spot days easily where there had been clocking
> errors... rather than having to page through them manually... is this
> possible?

Have a look, then, at Dynamic Blocks, in particular the `clocktable' dblock,
aimed at writing, in the Org buffer, the *clock table* (use `C-c C-x C-r' to
insert one).

I guess the `:step' parameter would allow you what you want -- though not
directly from the agenda.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Clocking totals in agenda view
@ 2013-04-26 20:04     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2013-04-26 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes I'd seen that, but I hadn't thought that I could narrow the agenda
> to a day, and then generate the report... which almost gives me what I
> want.
>
> Ideally I'd like to visualise the clocking times for a whole week at a
> time, by day...  So I could spot days easily where there had been
> clocking errors... rather than having to page through them manually...
> is this possible?

Hi Rick,

I do this on the weekly agenda looking at the entire week with clock
check and Clock check enabled (C-c a a w v c R)

This gives me a quick clock view for the entire week and a total report
for the week.  Then I switch to day view and look at each of the days in
the week one at a time for daily totals (d, f and b to move forward and
back).  It's not all in one place but it works great for my needs and
it's quick to generate.

You can also limit the report to specific tags with C-u R (whatever tags
you are currently filtering with)

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Bernt