* Re: Bug: org-edit-special won't let me edit a latex snippet
@ 2013-06-30 10:34 Gustav Wikström
From: Gustav Wikström @ 2013-06-30 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Nicolas Richard <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'm at commit 830e231ef1da5c5a1ab760a6a059551841952610, and notice the
> > following unexpected behaviour.
> >
> > Starting from "emacs -Q -L ~/sources/org-mode/lisp/" :
> > M-x org-mode
> > insert "<l" and hit SPC
> > hit "C-c '"
> >
> > => "user-error: No special environment to edit here"
>
> Fixed, thanks!
>
> --
>  Bastien

It seems to me that in 8.0.3 this is still an issue. Both latex and
quote blocks gives the response:

"user-error: No special environment to edit here"

Regards
Gustav

* Re: Bug: org-edit-special won't let me edit a latex snippet
@ 2013-06-30 22:29 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-30 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustav Wikström; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi Gustav,

Gustav Wikström <gustav.erik@gmail.com> writes:

> It seems to me that in 8.0.3 this is still an issue. Both latex and
> quote blocks gives the response:
>
> "user-error: No special environment to edit here"

I can use C-c ' in #+begin_latex environments correctly with latest
Org (release_8.0.3-309), but I don't think C-c ' was ever supported
for quote blocs.  Does the manual suggest otherwise?

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bug: org-edit-special won't let me edit a latex snippet
@ 2013-07-03 19:26   ` Gustav Wikström
From: Gustav Wikström @ 2013-07-03 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode List

I haven't confirmed latex blocks but I trust your words.

I have been using C-c ' for quote blocks in the past and there is a
change as it's not working any more. I'm not against it though, just
curious. From what I understand now only source-blocks (including
example-blocks) and latex-blocks are (can be) edited by C-c '.  other
blocks (verse, center, quote) are not.

Now I know, thanks!

As a side-note: I like the ability to abort an edit now, small but
nice addition!)

Regards
Gustav

@ 2013-07-03 23:38     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-07-03 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustav Wikström; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi Gustav,

Gustav Wikström <gustav.erik@gmail.com> writes:

> I haven't confirmed latex blocks but I trust your words.
>
> I have been using C-c ' for quote blocks in the past and there is a
> change as it's not working any more. I'm not against it though, just
> curious. From what I understand now only source-blocks (including
> example-blocks) and latex-blocks are (can be) edited by C-c '.  other
> blocks (verse, center, quote) are not.

... and example blocks.

This can be revisited, of course, but I think the current state
makes sense.

> Now I know, thanks!
>
> As a side-note: I like the ability to abort an edit now, small but
> nice addition!)

Org is just made of this: small and nice tricks :)

--
 Bastien