* [BUG] Exporting to HTML a document with a #+CALL
@ 2013-10-22 13:58 Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2013-10-22 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: General discussions about Org-mode

Hello,
I have to ask again about this issue: the following example document
---------------------------- 8< ----------------------------
* Function definition

#+NAME: simp-func
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var name="My name is..."
(format "[You passed data] %S" name)
#+END_SRC

* This is title of first section

Call me:
#+CALL: simp-func()
---------------------------- 8< ----------------------------
is not exported to HTML with message in minibuffer
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
Marker points into wrong buffer: #<marker in no buffer>
#+END_EXAMPLE

Org version:
Org-mode version 8.2.1 (release_8.2.1-113-ga24775 @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)

Emacs version:
GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.2) of 2013-10-22 on smoon3

(actually it is emacs compiled from bzr trunk revno 114741)

Emacs is started in following way
emacs -Q --eval "(add-to-list 'load-path \"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org\")" --eval "(require 'org)" --eval "(require 'ox-html)" ex-call3.org

(ex-call3.org is the name of example document).

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov.

--
A lost ounce of gold may be found, a lost moment of time never.

* Re: [BUG] Exporting to HTML a document with a #+CALL
@ 2013-10-22 14:44 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-10-22 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Lomov; +Cc: General discussions about Org-mode

This issue only manifests with the Emacs compiled from source, and as
such I can not reproduce it.

If this bug makes it into a released version of Emacs I can address it
then.  Until then perhaps this should be reported to the emacs-dev list.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: [BUG] Exporting to HTML a document with a #+CALL
@ 2013-10-23  6:30   ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2013-10-23  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: General discussions about Org-mode

Hello,
** Eric Schulte [2013-10-22 08:44:18 -0600]:

> This issue only manifests with the Emacs compiled from source, and as
> such I can not reproduce it.

> If this bug makes it into a released version of Emacs I can address it
> then.  Until then perhaps this should be reported to the emacs-dev list.

> Best,

Thank you Eric for confirmation that example works with release version
of Emacs and problem not with Org mode. I'll try to find out what
revision of Emacs trunk introduced such behaviour.

> Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@gmail.com> writes:

>> Hello,
>> I have to ask again about this issue: the following example document
>> ---------------------------- 8< ----------------------------
>> * Function definition

>> #+NAME: simp-func
>> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var name="My name is..."
>> (format "[You passed data] %S" name)
>> #+END_SRC

>> * This is title of first section

>> Call me:
>> #+CALL: simp-func()
>> ---------------------------- 8< ----------------------------
>> is not exported to HTML with message in minibuffer
>> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
>> Marker points into wrong buffer: #<marker in no buffer>
>> #+END_EXAMPLE

>> Org version:
>> Org-mode version 8.2.1 (release_8.2.1-113-ga24775 @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)

>> Emacs version:
>> GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.2) of 2013-10-22 on smoon3

>> (actually it is emacs compiled from bzr trunk revno 114741)

>> Emacs is started in following way
>> emacs -Q --eval "(add-to-list 'load-path
>> \"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org\")" --eval "(require 'org)" --eval
>> "(require 'ox-html)" ex-call3.org

>> (ex-call3.org is the name of example document).

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov.

--
Something unpleasant is coming when men are anxious to tell the truth.
		-- Benjamin Disraeli

* Re: [BUG] Exporting to HTML a document with a #+CALL
@ 2013-10-23 13:52   ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2013-10-23 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: General discussions about Org-mode

Hello,
** Eric Schulte [2013-10-22 08:44:18 -0600]:

> This issue only manifests with the Emacs compiled from source, and as
> such I can not reproduce it.

> If this bug makes it into a released version of Emacs I can address it
> then.  Until then perhaps this should be reported to the emacs-dev list.

I found which revision introduced this behaviour (114069) but I don't
know how to prepare minimal example which would show incorrect behaviour
and wouldn't use Org syntax. Is that possible at all?

Nevertheless, I'll try to write a bug report based on Org example but
only tomorrow.

P.S. I suppose there must be another problem commit because error
message was changed somewhere between commits 114100 and 114200, I don't
have time right now to dig deeper.

[...]

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
You will lose your present job and have to become a door to door mayonnaise
salesman.

* Re: [BUG] Exporting to HTML a document with a #+CALL
@ 2013-10-24 15:39     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-10-24 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vladimir Lomov; +Cc: General discussions about Org-mode, Eric Schulte

Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> ** Eric Schulte [2013-10-22 08:44:18 -0600]:
>
>> This issue only manifests with the Emacs compiled from source, and as
>> such I can not reproduce it.
>
>> If this bug makes it into a released version of Emacs I can address it
>> then.  Until then perhaps this should be reported to the emacs-dev list.
>
> I found which revision introduced this behaviour (114069) but I don't
> know how to prepare minimal example which would show incorrect behaviour
> and wouldn't use Org syntax. Is that possible at all?

I have been wondering the same thing for over a month now.  This problem
has been present in the snapshots of Emacs since early September.  I
haven't run into the problem in any non-org use of Emacs
unfortunately.  There's something about calls in babel that exercises
the buffer management in Emacs more than other uses.

> Nevertheless, I'll try to write a bug report based on Org example but
> only tomorrow.
>
> P.S. I suppose there must be another problem commit because error
> message was changed somewhere between commits 114100 and 114200, I don't
> have time right now to dig deeper.

Which is why I believe you thought you had a different problem than the
one I reported back in September!  I'm glad you've tracked this down as
well.  Keep us posted.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.2.1-87-g8e841c