* Beamer and org-language source blocks?
@ 2013-11-01  3:08 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2013-11-01  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Maybe there is something obvious I'm missing, but I'm having considerable
trouble using org-language source code blocks in Beamer export.

The objective is to show a little of the org code that made the
presentation. This means including some headers. I had thought that
declaring the source code block to be in org mode would cause it to ignore
headings inside, but I haven't found the incantation to make it do that.

I've customized org-babel-load-languages to include Org.

** What I mean and what I see
#+begin_src org :exports code
** Overview
*** This talk will cover:
    - bla bla
#+end_src

--> And in the output, you can see that it takes "** Overview" as a new
frame and treats the #+begin/end_src markers as regular text. Huh?

\begin{frame}[label=sec-2-3]{What I mean and what I see}

\#+begin$_{\text{src}}$ org :exports code
\end{frame}

\begin{frame}[label=sec-2-4]{Overview}
\begin{block}{This talk will cover:}
\begin{itemize}
\item bla bla
\end{itemize}
\#+end$_{\text{src}}$
\end{block}
\end{frame}

I hope there's a way to do this. Or, do I have to use a screenshot from
Emacs? (Screenshot? Of source code?)

hjh

* Re: Beamer and org-language source blocks?
@ 2013-11-01  7:35 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-11-01  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harkins; +Cc: orgmode

Hello,

James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> writes:

> ** What I mean and what I see
> #+begin_src org :exports code
> ** Overview
> *** This talk will cover:
>     - bla bla
> #+end_src
>
> --> And in the output, you can see that it takes "** Overview" as a new
> frame and treats the #+begin/end_src markers as regular text. Huh?

Blocks cannot contain headlines. You need to protect offending lines
with a comma. See section 11.3 from the manual.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Beamer and org-language source blocks?
@ 2013-11-02  3:47   ` James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2013-11-02  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: orgmode