* Dynsite: easier configuration of projects, with config.or instead of emacs lisp and dynamic relative paths
@ 2013-10-13 18:39 Iannis Zannos
From: Iannis Zannos @ 2013-10-13 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'd like to present my project Dynsite for orgmode here, as I believe it
fits in well with the currnent status of org-publish. Dynamite is a package
that simplifies the task of creating project configurations for
org-publish. One can define many projects in a "site" just by placing a
config.org in any folder contained in the site, and writing the properties
of the project as org-mode nodes. Plus, relative paths from subfolders to
the root are provided automatically (no need to write a separate property
config for each level as in the latest org-publish scheme).

The documentation is here: http://iani.github.io/dynsite/
And the source code + documentation is here: https://github.com/iani/dynsite

The code is now compatible with the 8.0+ version of org-publish. Not
elegant code at all, but I hope it may give some useful ideas for general
use or future directions in Org mode.

And a question: Looking at export filters, I see that there is no filter
for substituting the result of a lisp expression into the file. That would
be extremely handy.  The wonderful package o-blog is largely based on it. (
https://github.com/renard/o-blog). The format used by o-blog is:
<lisp>(ob:insert-template "page_header.html")</lisp>
Possibly one could use some other format like {lisp}....{/lisp}, or
something more aligned to current mark-up schemes in Org. This would open
up many useful possibilities. Any tips on adding new filters? Or other ways
to substitute the result of a lisp expression in the final rendered text?

Iannis Zannos

* Re: Dynsite: easier configuration of projects, with config.or instead of emacs lisp and dynamic relative paths
@ 2013-10-14 17:14 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2013-10-14 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Iannis Zannos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

It seems like this is something that could be done with a filter pretty
easily. Just define a lisp link, and write a filter that handles links of
that type.

I did something like this to selectively handle different types of links
here:
http://jkitchin.github.io/blog/2013/09/28/Changing-links-to-files-so-they-work-in-a-blog/

basically you check the type of link, and set the output accordingly. you
would ignore links that were not your lisp type.

John

-----------------------------------
John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

@ 2013-10-15  0:34   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2013-10-15  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Iannis Zannos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I implemented a version of elisp links to dynamically generated content at
export time here:
http://jkitchin.github.io/blog/2013/10/14/Lisp-links-in-org-mode-to-dynamically-generated-content/

I am not sure it was you are thinking about, but maybe it could give you
some ideas.

John

-----------------------------------

@ 2013-10-15  8:04     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-10-15  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello John,

John Kitchin wrote:
> I implemented a version of elisp links to dynamically generated content at
> export time here:
> http://jkitchin.github.io/blog/2013/10/14/Lisp-links-in-org-mode-to-dynamically-generated-content/
>
> I am not sure it was you are thinking about, but maybe it could give you
> some ideas.

In this case, instead of special link handling, I'd have used something which
already exists:

This file was exported on src_emacs-lisp{(format-time-string "%Y-%m-%d at %H:%m %p")}.

The answer to 2 + 3 is src_emacs-lisp{(+ 2 3)}.

Or is there a reason for doing it with links?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Dynsite: easier configuration of projects, with config.or instead of emacs lisp and dynamic relative paths
@ 2013-10-15 12:47       ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2013-10-15 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:04 AM, Sebastien Vauban
<sva-news@mygooglest.com>wrote:

That is a nice feature I had forgotten about!

When I export your snippet to html I get this:
This file was exported on .

The answer to 2 + 3 is .</p>

Is there some trick to make them evaluate? Probably I have set a variable
in org-mode to not evaluate code on export, because I usually do not want
that.

I could type C-cC-c on the src, which puts the result next to it like =5=,
which then is exported to the html.

The links are clickable, show the output in the minibuffer, and are
evaluated at export time.  These are two slightly different ways to solve
the problem. Also, you could do fancier things with the filter approach
like make tooltips with the original code snippet, etc...

John

@ 2013-12-03 10:03 ` Samuel Loury
From: Samuel Loury @ 2013-12-03 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Iannis Zannos, emacs-orgmode