* org2blog problems.
@ 2013-12-18 18:03 Sharon Kimble
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2013-12-18 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I have been attempting to use emacs org2blog but am now consistently
getting this error report -
Contacting host: www.sharons.org.uk:80
xml-rpc-xml-to-response: XML-RPC fault `Incorrect username or password.'

I'm using '.netrc' and this is -
machine host100
myblog A taste of linux
login boudiccas
password rhubarbandcustard

This is the relevant sections in my .emacs -
(setq load-path (cons "~/.emacs.d/elpa/org2blog-20130707.323"
load-path)) ;; depends on netrc, xml-rpc
(require 'netrc)
(require 'xml-rpc-autoloads)
(require 'org2blog-autoloads)
(require 'metaweblog)

;; load the entry 'A taste of linux' in the ~/.netrc, we obtain a
hash-map with the needed data ;; now enter the data in the org2blog
list of blogs (require 'netrc) ;; or nothing if already in the load-path
(setq blog (netrc-machine (netrc-parse "~/.netrc") "A taste of linux"
t)) (setq org2blog/wp-blog-alist
      '(("A taste of linux"
         :url "http://www.sharons.org.uk/xmlrpc.php"
         :username (netrc-get blog "login")
         :password (netrc-get blog "password"))))
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'org2blog/wp-mode)

Why cant I log on with org2blog please? Is it because either .netrc or
org2blog have a maximum password length please? That’s the only thing
that I can think of as to why it is consistently failing.

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.3.2
Registered Linux user 561944

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: org2blog problems.
@ 2013-12-18 18:26 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-12-18 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@talktalk.net> writes:

> I have been attempting to use emacs org2blog but am now consistently
> getting this error report -
> Contacting host: www.sharons.org.uk:80
> xml-rpc-xml-to-response: XML-RPC fault `Incorrect username or password.'

> Why cant I log on with org2blog please? Is it because either .netrc or
> org2blog have a maximum password length please? That’s the only thing
> that I can think of as to why it is consistently failing.

Punchagan (the author of org2blog) occasionally appears on this mailing
list, but given that you didn't get an answer the first time you asked
the question, he seems not to be watching ATM. You might have better
luck contacting him through github. In any case, the problem you are
having has nothing to do with org, so unless somebody else here happens
to be using org2blog and has the inclination to help, you are likely to
be disappointed in getting an answer here. Not meaning to discourage
you: just setting expectations.

Nick

* Re: org2blog problems.
@ 2013-12-19  0:45 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-12-19  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@talktalk.net> writes:

> I have been attempting to use emacs org2blog but am now consistently
> getting this error report -
> Contacting host: www.sharons.org.uk:80
> xml-rpc-xml-to-response: XML-RPC fault `Incorrect username or password.'
>
> I'm using '.netrc' and this is -
> machine host100
> myblog A taste of linux
> login boudiccas
> password rhubarbandcustard
>
> This is the relevant sections in my .emacs -
> (setq load-path (cons "~/.emacs.d/elpa/org2blog-20130707.323"
> load-path)) ;; depends on netrc, xml-rpc
> (require 'netrc)
> (require 'xml-rpc-autoloads)
> (require 'org2blog-autoloads)
> (require 'metaweblog)
>
> ;; load the entry 'A taste of linux' in the ~/.netrc, we obtain a
> hash-map with the needed data ;; now enter the data in the org2blog
> list of blogs (require 'netrc) ;; or nothing if already in the load-path
> (setq blog (netrc-machine (netrc-parse "~/.netrc") "A taste of linux"
> t)) (setq org2blog/wp-blog-alist
>       '(("A taste of linux"
>          :url "http://www.sharons.org.uk/xmlrpc.php"
>          :username (netrc-get blog "login")
>          :password (netrc-get blog "password"))))
> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'org2blog/wp-mode)
>
> Why cant I log on with org2blog please? Is it because either .netrc or
> org2blog have a maximum password length please? That’s the only thing
> that I can think of as to why it is consistently failing.

From a very cursory reading, I'd say your .netrc is wrong - it should
look like this:

machine "A taste of linux" login boudiccas password rhubarbandcustard

Untested and with no warranty, express, implied or otherwise - in
particular I don't know if the spaces in the "machine" name cause
problems. OTOH, I think netrc.el parses it correctly. And I hope that
the password is either fictitious or you are going to change it asap.

Nick

* Re: org2blog problems.
@ 2013-12-20  3:47 ` Erik Hetzner
From: Erik Hetzner @ 2013-12-20  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

At Wed, 18 Dec 2013 18:03:19 +0000,
Sharon Kimble wrote:

> I have been attempting to use emacs org2blog but am now consistently
> getting this error report -
> Contacting host: www.sharons.org.uk:80
> xml-rpc-xml-to-response: XML-RPC fault `Incorrect username or password.'
>
> I'm using '.netrc' and this is -
> machine host100
> myblog A taste of linux
> login boudiccas