* Problem with :placement ?
@ 2015-07-16  8:42 Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2015-07-16  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I have this figure :

#+name: fig:fig-m
#+caption: Machine de Turing \(M\) de l'exercice [[ex1]]
#+attr_latex: :placement bp
#+begin_figure
\centering
\begin{tikzpicture}[->,>=latex,semithick,state/.style={draw,circle,node
distance=1.5cm,inner sep=5pt},scale=0.9,every node/.style={scale=0.9}]
\end{tikzpicture}
#+end_figure

When it gets exported to latex, the :placement is not honoured.
The doc states that attr_latex should be honoured by special blocks.
Am I misunderstanding something here ?

Best regards,

Fabrice

* Re: Problem with :placement ?
@ 2015-07-16  9:00 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-07-16  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have this figure :
>
> #+name: fig:fig-m
> #+caption: Machine de Turing \(M\) de l'exercice [[ex1]]
>
> #+attr_latex: :placement bp
>
> #+begin_figure
> \centering
> \begin{tikzpicture}[->,>=latex,semithick,state/.style={draw,circle,node
> distance=1.5cm,inner sep=5pt},scale=0.9,every node/.style={scale=0.9}]
> \end{tikzpicture}
> #+end_figure
>
> When it gets exported to latex, the :placement is not honoured.
> The doc states that attr_latex should be honoured by special blocks.
> Am I misunderstanding something here ?

That looks like a special block.  Maybe:

     #+attr_latex: :options [bp]

:placement seems to work images, tables, and src-codes e.g.

#+caption: test
#+attr_latex: :placement [tb]
| 1 |

#+caption: test
#+attr_latex: :placement [tb]
[[file:~/images/img.tikz]]

Rasmus

--
Lasciate ogni speranza o voi che entrate: siete nella mani di'machellaio

* Re: Problem with :placement ?
@ 2015-07-17  7:39   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2015-07-17  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus <at> gmx.us> writes:

> That looks like a special block.  Maybe:
>
>      #+attr_latex: :options [bp]

Oh, thanks. I misread the doc. Each of figure, table, special block etc.
have a different set of keywords.

Fabrice

* Re: Problem with :placement ?
@ 2015-07-17  8:21     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-07-17  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@gmail.com> writes:

> Oh, thanks. I misread the doc. Each of figure, table, special block etc.
> have a different set of keywords.

:options usually works.  Placement doesn't work here as the special block
could be anything.

You could use :placement if you kept your tikz figure in an external file
and linked to it, as it would then be a figure.

Rasmus

--
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi che leggete questo.