* Exporting FILETAGS
@ 2016-06-21  5:28 Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2016-06-21  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

When org-export-with-tags is set to t, tags on headlines are
exported. Is there a similar way to export FILETAGS as well?

Thanks,
Arun Isaac.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Exporting FILETAGS
@ 2016-06-21 11:45 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-06-21 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> writes:

> When org-export-with-tags is set to t, tags on headlines are
> exported. Is there a similar way to export FILETAGS as well?

Do you mean that you want to export inherited filetags on each headline?
If so, it is not possible out of the box.

However, `org-get-tags-at' returns a list of inherited tags for a given
headline, so it is possible to pre-process the document and explicitly
add all inherited tags to each headline.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Exporting FILETAGS
@ 2016-06-21 13:04   ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2016-06-21 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> Do you mean that you want to export inherited filetags on each headline?
> If so, it is not possible out of the box.

No, I would like to export the FILETAGS to say, below the title. I am
maintaining my blog in org mode, and I am hoping to use FILETAGS to tag
my blog posts. So, I am interested in tags for the entire file itself,
not inherited tags on each headline.

Currently, I have written some code to do this, but I am wondering if
this is available out of the box.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Exporting FILETAGS
@ 2016-06-21 13:36     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-06-21 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> writes:

> No, I would like to export the FILETAGS to say, below the title. I am
> maintaining my blog in org mode, and I am hoping to use FILETAGS to tag
> my blog posts. So, I am interested in tags for the entire file itself,
> not inherited tags on each headline.
>
> Currently, I have written some code to do this, but I am wondering if
> this is available out of the box.

FILETAGS is a keyword, and those are usually ignored during export. So,
writing some code (as a parse tree filter or in a hook), as you did, is
the way to go.