* Frame-break with beamer
@ 2016-11-26 13:34 Peter Sterner
From: Peter Sterner @ 2016-11-26 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to  export an org-file to a beamer presentation. I would like to
divide a frame into two or more frames.

Suppose I have this org-file:

* Heading 1
** Subheading 1
** Subheading 2
* Heading 2

When I export subheadings are shown as blocks and headings as frames.

I would like each subheading to become a frame (but only for the
subheadings of Heading 1).

How is that possible?

Regards,
Peter

* Re: Frame-break with beamer
       [not found] <6c4915834dc14b95a1301080468db362@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2016-11-27 13:18 ` Eric S Fraga
       [not found]   ` <97d13ddafe804ff89b31c24bb8b2d86b@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-11-27 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Sterner; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 13:34, Peter Sterner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to export an org-file to a beamer presentation. I would
> like to divide a frame into two or more frames.

I don't think this is possible in org.  You could possibly manage it
with some LaTeX magic (redefining the block environment temporarily to
be a frame environment) but it would be quite fragile...  If the
requirement is due to how you want to manipulate and view the org file,
I would suggest re-thinking the layout more fundamentally maybe, such as
using top level headlines as sections with frames at second level.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.1-49-ga43eac

* Re: Frame-break with beamer
@ 2016-11-27 15:03   ` Nicolas Goaziou
       [not found]   ` <97d13ddafe804ff89b31c24bb8b2d86b@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-11-27 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Sterner; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> On Saturday, 26 Nov 2016 at 13:34, Peter Sterner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to export an org-file to a beamer presentation. I would
>> like to divide a frame into two or more frames.
>
> I don't think this is possible in org.  You could possibly manage it
> with some LaTeX magic (redefining the block environment temporarily to
> be a frame environment) but it would be quite fragile...  If the
> requirement is due to how you want to manipulate and view the org file,
> I would suggest re-thinking the layout more fundamentally maybe, such as
> using top level headlines as sections with frames at second level.

Wouldn't setting :BEAMER_ENV: property to "frame" in each subheading
solve OP's problem?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Frame-break with beamer
       [not found]   ` <97d13ddafe804ff89b31c24bb8b2d86b@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2016-11-27 15:24     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-11-27 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Sterner; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Sunday, 27 Nov 2016 at 15:03, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

[...]

> Wouldn't setting :BEAMER_ENV: property to "frame" in each subheading
> solve OP's problem?

Interesting.  I am not sure what beamer does with a frame environment
inside another such environment.  Maybe the OP can tell us!

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)