* Fwd: Beamer framebreak
@ 2017-01-10 23:54 edgar
       [not found] ` <CY4PR15MB16224E3B2DE7A06A75D2A40DEB660@CY4PR15MB1622.namprd15.prod.outlook.com>
From: edgar @ 2017-01-10 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sorry, these are the files.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Beamer framebreak
Date: 2017-01-10 23:49
 From: edgar@openmail.cc
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

I am new to org-mode, because it seems impressive, and I think that it
will make my life much simpler. Thank you!

For the following, I am attaching example org, pdf and tex files (the
last two generated by org-mode > export beamer PDF).

First, why does slide 3/4 contain two main headlines fit into a single
slide?

Second, how do I force a new slide so that the "Figures" block is not
cut-off on slide 4/4?

Third, how do I get the contents of "Description of the project" (slide
3/4) into a block (like Concepts in slide 4/4).

I looked around and could not find my answers. Your support is much
appreciated. Thanks.

Edgar

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!

[-- Attachment #2: notes.tar.gz --]

* Re: Fwd: Beamer framebreak
       [not found] ` <CY4PR15MB16224E3B2DE7A06A75D2A40DEB660@CY4PR15MB1622.namprd15.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2017-01-11 20:58   ` edgar
       [not found]     ` <91d10999d3cd441eac30f4f686b67cf9@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: edgar @ 2017-01-11 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joon Ro; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks Joon. Yes, I had tried, and did not work. I put it just after and
just before  ****  Figures  , but it does not work.

Edgar

@ 2017-01-14  6:36     ` edgar
       [not found]     ` <91d10999d3cd441eac30f4f686b67cf9@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: edgar @ 2017-01-14  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello eric,

> Your org file layout is a little confused.  You have told org that
> beamer slides (aka frames) will be level 2 headlines (so level 1
> headlines become sections).  Then you, for instance, some content
> directly under a level 1 headline which is ignored.  Third level
> headlines will become blocks within a frame.

Oh, I didn't know that I could not put raw text after a headline in
ox-beamer. Thanks.

> Currently, it is part of the "Structure and Function" slide because
> your
> figures are within a level 3 headline which is converted to a
> block.  Put the figures under a second level headline instead.

Mmm... I think that this would mess up my outline. Is there a way to
create an empty headline? or to hide it in the TOC?

> Blocks are 3rd level headlines so put the contents within a 3rd level
> headline.
I think that I will have to work with my outline options or something
too.

Thanks a lot! Sorry for being so noob!

@ 2017-01-14 16:55       ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2017-01-14 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edgar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 12:36 AM,  <edgar@openmail.cc> wrote:
> Hello eric,

[snip]

> Mmm... I think that this would mess up my outline. Is there a way to create
> an empty headline? or to hide it in the TOC?
>
>> Blocks are 3rd level headlines so put the contents within a 3rd level
>> headline.
>
> I think that I will have to work with my outline options or something too.
>
> Thanks a lot! Sorry for being so noob!

This list is amazing and very happy to help; that said, text/email is
clearly difficult to use when trying to "design" or communicate
graphics layout. What if you created something like 3-5 slides or
something in a different program representing quickly what you want,
or even type it out in plain text?

Slide 1: title slide

Slide 2: TOC which will contain the titles of the slides listed shown
indented under each section

Section 1: blah
Slide 3: introduction
- will contain bullets and an image

Maybe that's not much clearer, but wanted to lower the barrier in case
you don't want to make a graphical example :) I think that's best...
namely "Here's what I want, here's what I'm trying in org. I don't
understand why it isn't working." Then we can quickly compare and
point you in the right direction.

Thanks!
John

@ 2017-01-15  8:09         ` edgar
From: edgar @ 2017-01-15  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello John,

> This list is amazing and very happy to help; that said, text/email is
---8< Cut off ----
Yes! Thank you very much, and I'm very sorry. I really appreciate it. I
will prepare a good example (I hope) and send it :) .

@ 2017-01-15 10:53       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-01-15 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Saturday, 14 Jan 2017 at 06:36, edgar@openmail.cc wrote:

[...]

>> Currently, it is part of the "Structure and Function" slide because
>> your
>> figures are within a level 3 headline which is converted to a
>> block.  Put the figures under a second level headline instead.
>
> Mmm... I think that this would mess up my outline. Is there a way to
> create an empty headline? or to hide it in the TOC?

If you want to use three levels as frames in some places, I would
suggest you make all frames third level.  Second level headlines then
become subsections but you can actually skip form 1st to 3rd level
headlines and the beamer export won't care, e.g.

* section
*** a frame
*** another frame
* second section
** subsection
*** frame

>> Blocks are 3rd level headlines so put the contents within a 3rd level
>> headline.
> I think that I will have to work with my outline options or something
> too.

I think you'll find it easier to simply have a consistent layout across
the document.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.3-201-ga51c6f

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Fwd: Beamer framebreak
@ 2017-01-15 15:22           ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2017-01-15 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)