* how to get version information on title slide with org beamer
@ 2017-08-26 17:57 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-08-26 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I know I can use {{{modification-time(...,t)}}} say to get the revision
control system information about when the repository was last
modified.  However, I would like to have other information (e.g. the
mercurial id).  More importantly, I would like this information to
appear on my beamer export title slide.

I have tried

#+date: \copyright {{{time(%Y)}}}, version src_shell{hg id --num}

for instance but babel blocks are not executed for these
lines.  Putting this text in a macro doesn't help either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.9-796-gbae41a

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: how to get version information on title slide with org beamer
@ 2017-08-26 23:54 ` Berry, Charles
From: Berry, Charles @ 2017-08-26 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> On Aug 26, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Eric S Fraga <esflists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I know I can use {{{modification-time(...,t)}}} say to get the revision
> control system information about when the repository was last
> modified.  However, I would like to have other information (e.g. the
> mercurial id).  More importantly, I would like this information to
> appear on my beamer export title slide.
>
> I have tried
>
> #+date: \copyright {{{time(%Y)}}}, version src_shell{hg id --num}
>
> for instance but babel blocks are not executed for these
> lines.  Putting this text in a macro doesn't help either.
>
> Any suggestions?

Use a :post header to format a date keyword line.

Something like:

#+NAME: mydateline
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(format "#+DATE: %s\n" *this*)
#+END_SRC

src_shell[:post mydateline() :results raw]{date}

* intro

et cetera

Chuck

* Re: how to get version information on title slide with org beamer
@ 2017-08-27  9:13   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-08-27  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Berry, Charles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Saturday, 26 Aug 2017 at 23:54, Berry, Charles wrote:
> Use a :post header to format a date keyword line.

Many thanks!  Works perfectly.

--

@ 2017-08-27 11:24   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-08-27 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)