* Help administer code.orgmode.org: moderate user access and manage the gogs instance
@ 2020-09-14 12:49 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-14 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

code.orgmode.org is the place where we host Org's code and Worg
collaborative documentation.

There are two tasks involved in administering code.orgmode.org:

1. Creating accounts and let users get write access to org/worg.
2. Maintaining the gogs instance on the server.

Both tasks are unrelated.

Is anyone willing to help with (1) and/or (2)?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Help administer code.orgmode.org: moderate user access and manage the gogs instance
@ 2020-09-14 13:10 ` TEC
From: TEC @ 2020-09-14 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Is anyone willing to help with (1) and/or (2)?

I'm willing to give (2), and potentially (1) a shot :)

Timothy.

* Re: Help administer code.orgmode.org: moderate user access and manage the gogs instance
@ 2020-09-16  7:14   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-16  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TEC; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Timothy,

TEC <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

>> Is anyone willing to help with (1) and/or (2)?
>
> I'm willing to give (2), and potentially (1) a shot :)

Thanks a lot!  I wrote you offlist about this.

--

@ 2020-09-16 23:21     ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2020-09-16 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 08:21, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi Timothy,
>
> TEC <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> Is anyone willing to help with (1) and/or (2)?
> >
> > I'm willing to give (2), and potentially (1) a shot :)
>
> Thanks a lot!  I wrote you offlist about this.

It's not nearly as generous an offer, but as I don't have a gogs
account yet, I volunteer to be a guinea pig if TEC wants to practice
giving (1) a shot ;-)

I think I used to have push access to Worg many years ago, and I've
noticed one or two issues which I'd be happy to fix if I regained
that.  Or is Worg also subject to a peer review process these days?

Cheers,
Adam

* Re: Help administer code.orgmode.org: moderate user access and manage the gogs instance
@ 2020-09-23  9:23 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-23  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> code.orgmode.org is the place where we host Org's code and Worg
> collaborative documentation.
>
> There are two tasks involved in administering code.orgmode.org:
>
> 1. Creating accounts and let users get write access to org/worg.
> 2. Maintaining the gogs instance on the server.
>
> Both tasks are unrelated.
>
> Is anyone willing to help with (1) and/or (2)?

We now have two volunteers helping with both tasks, TEC and Amin.

Thanks!

--

@ 2020-09-23  9:24       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-23  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Adam,

Adam Spiers <orgmode@adamspiers.org> writes:

> It's not nearly as generous an offer, but as I don't have a gogs
> account yet, I volunteer to be a guinea pig if TEC wants to practice
> giving (1) a shot ;-)

please let TEC know what username you want on Worg.

> I think I used to have push access to Worg many years ago, and I've
> noticed one or two issues which I'd be happy to fix if I regained
> that.  Or is Worg also subject to a peer review process these days?

Nope, Worg is in "optimistic merge" mode, so feel free to go ahead
and improve it!

Thansk in advance,

--
 Bastien