* Org-mode and emacs frames
@ 2007-09-07 11:43 Martin Bealby
From: Martin Bealby @ 2007-09-07 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I have just switched from planner-mode to org-mode but I am having
difficulty keeping some of my older preferences.

I prefer to work in a single emacs frame which is split vertically to
give two columns.  I would like org-mode to use only one of these
columns.

I have set org-agenda-window-setup to 'current-window to get something
similar but I would like the selection menu (after running org-agenda)
to appear in the lower half of one column rather than removing my
vertical split.  I have a similar problem after pressing q to exit
org-ageda.

Is this possible with the current org-mode? (from Emacs 22.1.1)

Thanks,
Martin

* Re: Org-mode and emacs frames
@ 2007-09-07 12:05 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-09-07 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Martin Bealby <mbealby@gmail.com> writes:

> I prefer to work in a single emacs frame which is split vertically to
> give two columns. I would like org-mode to use only one of these
> columns.

I used to work in such a "vertical" environment and I then had this in
my .emacs:

(defadvice switch-to-buffer-other-window (around change-split activate)
  (let ((display-buffer-prefer-horizontal-split nil))
    ad-do-it))

(ad-deactivate 'switch-to-buffer-other-window)

(defun my-display-buffer (buffer &optional not-this-window frame)
  (if (one-window-p)
      (let ((window (split-window-horizontally)))
	(set-window-buffer window buffer)
	window)
    (let (display-buffer-function)
      (display-buffer buffer not-this-window frame))))

(setq display-buffer-function 'my-display-buffer)

I'm not sure will suit all your needs but I hope this is a first step.

Bastien