* EDB and org?
@ 2009-08-29 22:42 Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2009-08-29 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

This may be a stretch, in fact I am quite sure it is.  I am surprized that I
have never seen a reference to EDB (Emacs Data Base) on the list, or
elsewhere, with reference to org-mode.  I had an elaborate scheme at one
time to keep my addresses in EDB, and output templates to set up a latex
letter, with multiple recipients if so desired, and of course multiple
letters.

I'm not sure how, but it occurs to me that org mode and EDB have some common
threads of this kind.  I have tried to implement an address book/contact
system using properties, but it was very clumsy, at least in the way I did
it.

Has anyone done ANYTHING interesting using EDB with org-mode?

Alan Davis

You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world,  but when
you're finished, you'll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird...
So let's look at the bird and see what it's doing---that's what counts.

   ----Richard Feynman

* Re: EDB and org?
@ 2009-08-29 22:59 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-08-29 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan E. Davis; +Cc: org-mode

"Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@gmail.com> writes:

> This may be a stretch, in fact I am quite sure it is.  I am surprized
> that I have never seen a reference to EDB (Emacs Data Base) on the
> list, or elsewhere, with reference to org-mode.  I had an elaborate
> scheme at one time to keep my addresses in EDB, and output templates
> to set up a latex letter, with multiple recipients if so desired, and
> of course multiple letters.
>
> I'm not sure how, but it occurs to me that org mode and EDB have some
> common threads of this kind.  I have tried to implement an address
> book/contact system using properties, but it was very clumsy, at least
> in the way I did it.
>
> Has anyone done ANYTHING interesting using EDB with org-mode?

EDB?  What's that??  I've never heard of it before.

I just use bbdb for my addressbook and that works great for me.

-Bernt

* Re: Re: EDB and org?
@ 2009-08-29 23:57   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2009-08-29 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: org-mode

I wonder if org could completely replace bbdb.